• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jack Colvin, 'Hulk's' McGee, dead at 71

16 posts in this topic

That was one of my favorite shows when I was growing up. I remember running to turn the tv on to CBS every friday night. I was heartbroken when Bill Bixby died. Now, Mr McGee has followed him into the great beyond.

sorry.gif

No survivors, sounds like he might have been a lonely guy. Always thought he was a great antagonist on the show. And it was nice that he had a chance to come back for one of the reunion movies. I think his shining moment was on the mountainside with Banner when Banner's face was bandaged and he had a chance to get to know him a bit.

I dont think the show gets enough credit. I saw it as a youngster and i remember feeling sorry for this large green beast. The writing and acting was good enough to get its point across to a 6 year old. The schlock on television now couldnt.

You know what is funny? If you compared all of the Live Action TV Shows based on comic books, that were "Good" shows. The Hulk, is pretty high on that list. The Spiderman one bit 893censored-thumb.gif. I like Lois and Clark, somewhat, but not as much as The Hulk. Misfits of Science, okay, I really enjoyed that show. grin.gif Even Wonder Woman wasn't that great a show far as plot and writing. Linda Carter in a skimpy outfit helped out its ratings. grin.gif

I dont think the show gets enough credit. I saw it as a youngster and i remember feeling sorry for this large green beast. The writing and acting was good enough to get its point across to a 6 year old. The schlock on television now couldnt.

Without a doubt, that is true. I was such a fan of the show, my mom bought me an issue of the incredible hulk comic from the local 7-11 and I was hooked ever since smile.gif

very sad indeed. frown.gif I heard it on an episode of Family Guy the other day. Stewie was on the side of the road like David Banner with his little backpack on, waving his thumb at cars driving by. Almost made me cry.

very sad indeed. frown.gif I heard it on an episode of Family Guy the other day. Stewie was on the side of the road like David Banner with his little backpack on, waving his thumb at cars driving by. Almost made me cry.

I think they also did a parody of that on the Simpson's. That little tune was one of the first things I figured out how to play on the piano "on my own".

I loved the TV show and cemented me as a Hulk fan, even though it was nothing like the comic books and much more like the Jekyll/Hyde analogy. Got the DVD with the premiere last year, think there are a few other episodes as well...a true classic! cloud9.gif

First off. It's "Mr. McGee, don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry."

The guy in the next cubicle told me that Jack Colvin died cause he knew I was a huge Hulk fan. It's sad to see another actor from my favorite TV show pass. The Incredible Hulk TV show is the reason why I became a Hulk fan (which some who know me consider a bad thing). I remember every Friday night being excited about watching my favorite show. I really hated Mr. McGee, but there were some episodes where you thought he was an insufficiently_thoughtful_person that he couldn't figure out that Bruce (I mean David) Banner was not the Incredible Hulk. Really bad excuse for an investigative reporter. And for those of you that have seen the TV Pilot, Mr. McGee is the one who caused the fire that killed Dr. Banner's lab partner, Elaina. So, you really come to dislike him in the series.

First off. It's "Mr. McGee, don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry."

pron.gif

I grew up watching the show as a kid and I had a huge Hulk poster on my bedroom door.

But I haven't really gotten into reading Hulk comics. However, my main collecting goal for 2006 is a copy of Hulk #1.