• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hero Restoration, Anyone know the latest?
24 24

1,357 posts in this topic

On 3/3/2024 at 5:32 AM, Rockiwan said:

Has anyone gotten any submissions back in the last month? I am also waiting. I am giving up hope.

:makepoint:

TWO POSTS EARLIER:

On 3/2/2024 at 9:37 AM, Kripsys99 said:

Hope is not a plan, and simply hoping to get one's books back was never a plan either.

:cheers:

On 3/3/2024 at 5:32 AM, Rockiwan said:

Mike if you are reading this please may I have hrc 2709 hrc 2890 returned? I hold no ill will towards anyone. I just want my items returned.

TWO POSTS EARLIER:

On 3/2/2024 at 9:37 AM, Kripsys99 said:

This is a prime example of why you don't negotiate with terrorists (or in this case thieves).

I can't believe that anyone could stumble upon this thread at this point, read through it, and come to the conclusion that begging Mike to send their books back is the answer:

zoolander-comedy.gif.e5481d634779390566dc292477ecdff9.gif

Edited by Kripsys99

Thanks for the folks who had the courage to DM me, I have a few calls set up to talk to people and see if we can collectively join forces to get our stuff back.  To those who are suggesting talk to law enforcement, I think that's a road most have tried.  But there are other avenues on the legal side that we should collaborate to pursue.  To those that are still sheepish in collaborating I ask you DM me so we can continue to improve our chances here.

On 3/3/2024 at 10:10 AM, Kripsys99 said:

TWO POSTS EARLIER:

TWO POSTS EARLIER:

I can't believe that anyone could stumble upon this thread at this point, read through it, and come to the conclusion that begging Mike to send their books back is the answer:

zoolander-comedy.gif.e5481d634779390566dc292477ecdff9.gif

It is less about posting here to get Mike to notice and return the books and more about publically making it know who has been victimized, which spurs on more people to be vocal about it and also allow those who are currently doing legal action to easily find and message others in the same boat (since my centralized form is no longer active the boards are the single best place to find others)

On 3/3/2024 at 1:50 PM, Sauce Dog said:

It is less about posting here to get Mike to notice and return the books and more about publically making it know who has been victimized, which spurs on more people to be vocal about it and also allow those who are currently doing legal action to easily find and message others in the same boat (since my centralized form is no longer active the boards are the single best place to find others)

Fair enough. What I take issue with are the posts (like the one I quoted) which state some version of "I hold no ill will towards anyone. I just want my items returned." It perpetuates a feedback loop of subservience to Mike in the hopes that not ticking him off may result in him returning books (and I would argue, encourages others to do same), but in actuality, only serves to delay individuals who might otherwise take concrete steps which could legitimately result in them getting their books back (and/or Mike being held accountable). It's my personal belief that such delays may have given Mike the time to offload more books illicitly, and/or to devise a means of escaping criminal liability (ie: the "break-in").

The posts I would like to see would go something like this:

"On [Date] I sent [# of books] to Mike for [services requested]. I paid Mike [$ amount] for those services. Photos of the books sent can be seen below.

To date, despite repeated efforts to contact Mike, he has not returned either the funds or my books.

On [date] I made a complaint to the [police of jurisdiction where Mike is located] advising them that my books and funds had been stolen. The details of my complaint are as follows:

- [File #]

- [Investigator name and contact info].

I informed the investigator that there are numerous other victims who may be reaching out to them in the near future."

Edited by Kripsys99

On 3/3/2024 at 12:26 PM, MatterEaterLad said:

I don't think reporting this to the police will do anything. 

Last year my son's band had their van stolen in Portland and the police did nothing. I mean literally NOTHING.

The van had an Airtag, so he could follow where it was going. They called the police numerous times and reported it stolen, with its current location, but never got a call back from an officer. After a few hours of calling, someone from the police let them know that they couldn't do anything, that it wasn't an emergency, and that he should consider the van gone and report it to his insurance. 

I suspect that's the answer the Portland police will give you, if they ever actually respond to the complaint. 

In the end, my son's band and another group on tour with them grabbed baseball bats, tracked the van down and stole it back from some meth heads. 

If Mike had any of my books and refused to return them I'd hire a "Private Investigator" to go retrieve them. 

One complainant - I agree, the police likely do nothing.

All of the individuals who have posted on this board contacting the same law enforcement agency, and cross referencing their complaints? Police would have no choice but to take action.

On 3/3/2024 at 11:26 AM, MatterEaterLad said:

I don't think reporting this to the police will do anything. 

Last year my son's band had their van stolen in Portland and the police did nothing. I mean literally NOTHING.

The van had an Airtag, so he could follow where it was going. They called the police numerous times and reported it stolen, with its current location, but never got a call back from an officer. After a few hours of calling, someone from the police let them know that they couldn't do anything, that it wasn't an emergency, and that he should consider the van gone and report it to his insurance. 

I suspect that's the answer the Portland police will give you, if they ever actually respond to the complaint. 

In the end, my son's band and another group on tour with them grabbed baseball bats, tracked the van down and stole it back from some meth heads. 

If Mike had any of my books and refused to return them I'd hire a "Private Investigator" to go retrieve them. 

This might be more relevant if Mike was actually in Portland.  I doubt Portland PD will be fielding calls for Lebanon, OR.

On 3/3/2024 at 2:49 PM, Mr. Zipper said:

If someone decides to take a softer diplomatic approach, who is anyone else to judge them? It's not being subservient; it's swallowing your pride and being practical to achieve a resolution. It appears that some people have gotten their books back going this route. From what I've seen here, hardline and legal threats have resulted in zero books being returned. I'm grateful I am not in a position to have to choose what approach I would take. 

Victims should take the approach they feel most comfortable with and don't let others' approach influence what you feel you should do. In either case, do something! In the end, whatever approach you take you want to feel like you did all you could.

You can call it a "diplomatic approach", or "being practical to achieve a solution", or dress it up with whatever language you want - it's still subservience...that's why one has to "swallow [their] pride" when they do it. There was a time in this whole ordeal where such an approach may have been practical (in an "every man for himself" kind of way). I think we're long past that point, and have been for some time. And I universally disagree with the sentiment that victims are unerring and/or have no greater societal obligation when deciding whether or not to hold perpetrators responsible for their criminal actions - failing to do so has consequences which reverberate beyond the victim's own personal situation and feelings. Nonetheless, I feel a great deal of empathy for those who have been victimized in this situation - it's never good when people are hurt.

Edited by Kripsys99

On 3/3/2024 at 12:47 PM, mattn792 said:

This might be more relevant if Mike was actually in Portland.  I doubt Portland PD will be fielding calls for Lebanon, OR.

I doubt the Lebanon PD will do a thing either, as evidenced by the people who have called and nothing has happened.

On 3/3/2024 at 4:06 PM, MatterEaterLad said:

I doubt the Lebanon PD will do a thing either, as evidenced by the people who have called and nothing has happened.

Show of hands - who has called Lebanon PD and been told nothing can be done?

On 3/3/2024 at 5:55 PM, Kripsys99 said:

Sigh...you can simultaneously feel empathy for someone, and whole heartedly disagree with/criticize how they maneuver the misfortune they've been handed. You can think/feel two things at the same time (why is this such a novel concept at this point in our society?).

I sympathize with Mike for the difficulties he is currently going through in his life...but I don't condone how he has handled those difficulties, and I won't support him in same.

I empathize with Mike's victims...but I think they are doing themselves (and more crucially, others) a disservice by letting Mike skate in the hopes of getting their books back, and I won't support them in same.

I will criticize anyone who engages in actions which I feel are detrimental to themselves or others - and I would submit that they should only feel "shame" if they believe those criticisms are valid.

And the only thing easier than playing a "keyboard tough guy" (nice by the way) is being a virtue-signaling "keyboard warrior", offering platitudes ("thoughts and prayers") instead of concrete solutions, and criticizing those who do. After all, no one will ever chide you for supporting victims (no matter how misguided that support may be).

My preference is to share my informed opinion, cultivated through extensive personal and professional experience with crime-related financial loss (hence the empathizing rather than sympathizing with Mike's victims - I have been through this, and put my money where my mouth is in the past you sanctimonious Pickle Rick - have you?), and even more extensive experience holding those responsible accountable.

I would rather see the victims take some of the power back, and at least give themselves a chance for a positive outcome (if not the recovery of their books, at least the accountability of the person responsible), rather than placating their current feelings in a manner which is detrimental to their own self interest.

For now, I would invite you to feel free to carry on your name calling and mudslinging via DM if you insist on persisting in this vein.

Unfortunately the people out books and money don't know what course of action is most likely to get results.  There's just no easy answer to this mess.  

On 3/3/2024 at 8:18 PM, mattn792 said:

Show of hands - who has called Lebanon PD and been told nothing can be done?

This crime is complicated. You have assets that are not regulated with no clear value system. The whereabouts of the perpetrator and the contraband is unclear, and the victims are from all over the country. There is definitely an air of sophistication that was endeavored. The interstate mail fraud angle is likely the best course of action. Only problem there, is the question of intent. Hard to prove that. YMMV. GOD BLESS ... 

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Edited by jimjum12

I almost feel foolish for posting this (almost) but what the hell.  Here is me reaching out to CGC to check the legitimacy of Hero Restoration:  

[Certified Collectibles Group] Re: CGC - Other

Inbox
Search for all messages with label Inbox

Remove label Inbox from this conversation

AGPWSu_vYEkvLGOVmM_-g0kdi99IMMSyMH1qDFzo2Fi6VuTZ9e4BGaBiZhaPH-mJPamP=s40-p

Nicki (Support) <submissions@cgccomics.com>

Thu, Oct 6, 2022, 3:24 PM

cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
to me
cleardot.gif

Your request, 'CGC - Other' has been updated. To add additional comments, reply to this email.
Ticket ID: 92086

0523091fa851c7a4fdeb7d54b27a8c59?size=40

Nicki (Certified Collectibles Group)

Oct 6, 2022, 15:24 EDT

Hello Gary, 

Thank you for contacting us. Hero Restoration is an authorized facilitator and dealer. As long as the book is cracked-out, pressed, and then directly submitted by them, the book will still qualify for the Signature Series yellow label.  

If you have any other questions, please let us know. Have a good day! 

Nicki.
Customer Service
Certified Collectibles Group
p. 800-642-2646 | f. 941-360-2553
collectiblesgroup.com
NGC, NCS, PMG, CGC, CCS, CSG, ASG and CAG are independent members of the Certified Collectibles Group

This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message. If you are the intended recipient, please be advised that the content of this message is subject to access, review and disclosure by the sender's Email System Administrator.

ae1c00be11987962277bcb0da0c41f5f?size=40

GARY HANSON

Oct 4, 2022, 10:40 EDT

Url: https://m.cgccomics.com:8601/contact/
Name: Gary Hanson
Email Address: mrhanderson@gmail.com
Message: Signature Series pressing. I'm looking to have a 3rd party re-press ASM 129 4089277002. They have told me that they can do so and have it return with a YELLOW label (not green or Qualified, "signature on cover in marker". Can you confirm this? https://www.herorestorationcomics.com/  (my cell #) Thanks! Gary Hanson

This email is a service from Certified Collectibles Group. Delivered by Zendesk
[09M0OM-4RP8W]

ACg8ocISl5bP4nBVuQWHWVyVB4exKDu6-H_Cvl4RJ3lVWDtV=s40-p-mo

HA <mrhanderson@gmail.com>

Thu, Oct 6, 2022, 3:39 PM

cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
to Support
cleardot.gif

Thanks @Nicki! 

I was a little nervous, since they told me they don't normally press slabbed books.  

Thank you!

Gary Hanson

Edited by GaryHanson

On 3/6/2024 at 3:39 PM, GaryHanson said:

For those of you who like pictures... image.thumb.png.bae32acad3317c6830583e767b5c0496.png

I don't have a problem with CGCs response. They were just stating Hero's status with CGC. 

And look,  back in 2022 most of us had no idea people had been waiting years for their comics.

I thought Hero had a great reputation.