• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hero Restoration, Anyone know the latest?
24 24

1,343 posts in this topic

On 3/8/2024 at 2:07 PM, BlowUpTheMoon said:

Non-compete is very different from non-disclosure. 

Yeah - I said don't quote me.  I mean logically since HR is done it shouldn't be binding at this point anyway.  I DM'd Mr Zipper what I know.  

On 3/8/2024 at 2:07 PM, BlowUpTheMoon said:

Non-compete is very different from non-disclosure. 

I would assume it was a Non Disclosure Agreement (NDA), which would be invalid for criminal or tortious activity. They only are enforceable for trade secrets, client lists... stuff like that. 

On 3/8/2024 at 1:31 PM, GaryHanson said:

Hey - so I have a contact (no not Flake / Cantina) that says he's spoken to someone at the NJ office, but he had to sign a non-compete (the former employee).  Since HR is in effect defunct, maybe this no longer applies. And again, this is all second hand, so don't quote me. Let me see what I can do digging up that name or contact info.   Also, for the record, I originally sent my ASM 129 for a CP to the NJ office in October '22, but it was re-routed to Orgeon after it arrived there with no explaination. (Per the tracking updates I recieved). Maybe they had a mail forward order in with the Post Office at that time? (shrug)  

The guy who was running the NJ office was all over the Instagram, which is now deleted. I distinctly recall something on the HR site that indicated C&P books went to NJ and other work went to Mike in Oregon. 

Then, there was a some sort of dustup on some FB groups about books coming back to a client that appeared as if they were never cleaned and pressed. The guy from the NJ office disputed this and online drama ensued. I believe it was not too long after that the NJ office closed without explanation. I believe this was in 2022.

In retrospect, I suspect that was a canary in the coal mine. 

On 3/8/2024 at 2:57 PM, Mr. Zipper said:

The guy who was running the NJ office was all over the Instagram, which is now deleted. I distinctly recall something on the HR site that indicated C&P books went to NJ and other work went to Mike in Oregon. 

Then, there was a some sort of dustup on some FB groups about books coming back to a client that appeared as if they were never cleaned and pressed. The guy from the NJ office disputed this and online drama ensued. I believe it was not too long after that the NJ office closed without explanation. I believe this was in 2022.

In retrospect, I suspect that was a canary in the coal mine. 

Makes sense.  I'm in NY and sent the book to NJ for C&P, all of a sudden it was re-routed to Orgeon. That was October 2022.  BTW  I do love the Police... 45cat - The Police - Message In A Bottle / Canary In A Coalmine -  Collectables - USA - 75021 8738 7

Edited by GaryHanson

So I was just browsing through the old locked post after googling the old NJ office and a link to it came up.  I saw this.  And here we are... At least it was not deleted.

image.thumb.png.0ffd0e43eca85e45892e5156481287cc.png

Edited by GaryHanson

On 3/8/2024 at 1:10 PM, mattn792 said:

If there is a court appointed trustee, that person’s information should be available in PACER.

There is. I'm not going to post that information here, because nothing good will come of it in this forum. But for anyone with skin in this mess, your lawyer will be able to contact the trustee for this case, and may have some... interesting questions to ask.

On 3/8/2024 at 4:33 AM, Flake Tapper said:

And I'll say it again,  for those of you who think this is a game, stay out of the thread and move on.  Your childish, snarky comments don't help those out who lost huge books and a lot of money. 

a0cb91e15afc17ad4e492da9b72d94ec.gif

Edited by Buzzetta

I don't have any skin in this but I feel awful for those who do. 

Quick question since I have not been following this thread - this discussion triggered a memory of a video that Comic Tom did a while back, but I am not sure if I am mis-remembering. Is my memory right that he endorsed Hero Restoration and did some videos that promoted great results from using HR?

On 3/8/2024 at 4:37 PM, Stefan_W said:

Quick question since I have not been following this thread - this discussion triggered a memory of a video that Comic Tom did a while back, but I am not sure if I am mis-remembering. Is my memory right that he endorsed Hero Restoration and did some videos that promoted great results from using HR?

Funny you should mention that.  He 100% did.  Some of those videos are still around to this day.  If someone could archive these, I'd be most grateful.  

Edited by GaryHanson

On 3/8/2024 at 5:06 PM, GaryHanson said:

Funny you should mention that.  He 100% did.  Some of those videos are still around to this day.  If someone could archive these, I'd be most greatful.  

I thought as much but wasn't sure. 

To be completely honest, I was so sure that those videos would have been deleted that I did not even bother searching. Given what happened I would think it was prudent to rip those down to avoid leading anyone else to try to send their books to that guy. 

That is what actually convinced me to send my Book to HR.  I didn't follow these boards, but I watched Comic Tom religiously during the Covid years.

On 3/8/2024 at 5:08 PM, Stefan_W said:

To be completely honest, I was so sure that those videos would have been deleted that I did not even bother searching. Given what happened I would think it was prudent to rip those down to avoid leading anyone else to try to send their books to that guy. 

I'd like to archive them before that happens.  At least some people (like me) sent books to Mike because of this endorsement and those videos.

On 3/8/2024 at 5:08 PM, Stefan_W said:

I mean the website (HR) is down so...

Comic Tom also tagged HR in many of his Instagram posts, which still exist. So much so that it makes me wonder if there was some sort of endorsement deal. 

Edited by Mr. Zipper

On 3/8/2024 at 5:42 PM, Mr. Zipper said:

Comic Tom also tagged HR in many of his Instagram posts, which still exist. So much so that it makes me wonder if there was some sort of endorsement deal. 

I've been wondering that as well. I mean IMO Mike worked these boards to get the word out about his work and build his business.  I'd not be surprised if he solicited CT101 to do these interviews to drum up more business for him as well.  Or as you susccintly put it, "Endorsement Deal".  lol 

On 3/8/2024 at 5:06 PM, GaryHanson said:

Funny you should mention that.  He 100% did.  Some of those videos are still around to this day.  If someone could archive these, I'd be most grateful.  

I just ripped it and saved a copy. 

Anything else you want?  Post the video.  I will rip.  I will make it available in a google drive or send via WeTransfer.

Edited by Buzzetta

On 3/8/2024 at 6:42 PM, Buzzetta said:

I just ripped it and saved a copy. 

Anything else you want?  Post the video.  I will rip.  I will make it available in a google drive or send via WeTransfer.

Great - let me do some digging! and Thanks!!!