• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hero Restoration, Anyone know the latest?
25 25

1,469 posts in this topic

On 6/5/2024 at 10:18 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I second this and maybe should clarify it is what I meant by saying this

In other words, I don't have the info and @revat didn't find it either, I just thought for sure the two I tagged having had a "list" at one point could then point you to the legal recourse information, and not that they themselves are in any kind of legality way. :)

I'm personally no longer keeping a list or collecting new customer data, but there is still an effort to do so at https://herorestorationcomic.com 

@Copy801 I would recommend reaching out to the Linn County Sheriff's Office as they are handling the case right now.

Thanks so much for the advice all. I'm hoping my case brings the total up to a new level. I paid this guy thousands of dollars to restore a very old book and......nothing. I doubt I would get what I paid back, but I want the book to go elsewhere and try and get it restored from someone else.

As one of Mike's many victims, I have an unfortunate update for the group: My book (an AF 15 UK edition) just went up on Ebay as a consignment sale through mycomicshop.com! I reached out this morning to the good folks at mycomicshop / Lonestar Comics. After some explaining, they acted very professionally and ended the listing immediately. A link to the Ebay listing along with an image of my slabed book before I sent it to Mike for tape removal (graded 1.8) is attached below. I have reached out to the Lynn County detective who has been investigating Mike / Hero and the complaints that so many of us filed with police and sheriff's offices as well as the Oregon DOJ. Hopefully I can finally get this book back. Just cant believe this really... Mike kept promising me that my book would be returned. All BS. I really hope Mike DeChellis is made to pay for his crimes.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/364957514007

image.jpeg.34ffab7d567ea0ba7f9df420560e3700.jpeg

Edited by Nilo2

On 6/19/2024 at 5:42 PM, Nilo2 said:

As one of Mike's many victims, I have an unfortunate update for the group: My book (an AF 15 UK edition) just went up on Ebay as a consignment sale through mycomicshop.com! I reached out this morning to the good folks at mycomicshop / Lonestar Comics. After some explaining, they acted very professionally and ended the listing immediately. A link to the Ebay listing along with an image of my slabed book before I sent it to Mike for tape removal (graded 1.8) is attached below. I have reached out to the Lynn County detective who has been investigating Mike / Hero and the complaints that so many of us filed with police and sheriff's offices as well as the Oregon DOJ. Hopefully I can finally get this book back. Just cant believe this really... Mike kept promising me that my book would be returned. All BS. I really hope Mike DeChellis is made to pay for his crimes.

Whenever I consign books to MCS, I affirm the books belong to me and I'm free to sell them.  That might be evidence.

On 6/19/2024 at 7:42 PM, Nilo2 said:

Curious if you know who the consignor was (i.e. was it Mike)?

On 6/19/2024 at 10:01 PM, Nilo2 said:

I wondered the same. When I spoke to MCS they didn’t elaborate on who the consignee was, only that they knew who it was. The person I spoke with was also aware of Mike and HR but seemed surprised to hear about the issues with stolen property and HR going out of business. I hope it is Mike (the consignee) because that might make it easer to get the book back. Will keep the group posted on progress.

Wow - I'm so glad you caught this!  What I'm wondering is that if these books (not necessarily your book) have started changing hands, will they pop up on sites like this (consignment etc.).  And this is why I think Comic Tom (and others) should take down any mention of Hero and his work, or at least put the word out that many many many people suspect (and have proof) their books were not returned.  I haven't check CT101 in a while, but a month or two back all the HR "Praises" were still up. PS - hope you get your book back!!!!

Edited by Neo "The One"

On 6/20/2024 at 8:52 AM, Neo "The One" said:

And this is why I think Comic Tom (and others) should take down any mention of Hero and his work, or at least put the word out that many many many people suspect (and have proof) their books were not returned.  I haven't check CT101 in a while, but a month or two back all the HR "Praises" were still up. PS - hope you get your book back!!!!

I mentioned this a while back. It's shocking they have not pulled those old episodes. They could still be directing potential unwitting victims to HR. Not to mention much of the content, i.e., Mike is a resto guru, has turned out to be totally fake news.

On 6/20/2024 at 5:36 PM, Buzzetta said:

The amazing thing is that if this guy came back here he would probably try to rationalize or dismiss all of this. 

And probably find a few suckers to defend him. 

On 6/19/2024 at 8:42 PM, Nilo2 said:

Really sorry to see this! I hope you recover your book! 

I wish i could say I'm surprised 😞

On 6/19/2024 at 8:06 PM, shadroch said:

Whenever I consign books to MCS, I affirm the books belong to me and I'm free to sell them.  That might be evidence.

On 6/19/2024 at 8:24 PM, mattn792 said:

Curious if you know who the consignor was (i.e. was it Mike)?

My gut says it's highly unlikely that Mike was still in possession of the book by the time it was consigned to MCS.  Unfortunately, it's more likely that it was fenced a time or two prior to this consignment.  

On 6/20/2024 at 11:21 PM, Nick Furious said:

My gut says it's highly unlikely that Mike was still in possession of the book by the time it was consigned to MCS.  Unfortunately, it's more likely that it was fenced a time or two prior to this consignment.  

This is what I think as well.  

So the good news is, the rightful owner will likely get their book back. The bad news is, an unknowing buyer may have bought this book once or twice removed from Mike. That person is out thousands....  

Hopefully that person also calls local authorities.  Mike can never make people financially whole, but he needs to face consequences! 

On 6/19/2024 at 10:01 PM, Nilo2 said:

I wondered the same. When I spoke to MCS they didn’t elaborate on who the consignee was, only that they knew who it was. The person I spoke with was also aware of Mike and HR but seemed surprised to hear about the issues with stolen property and HR going out of business. I hope it is Mike (the consignee) because that might make it easer to get the book back. Will keep the group posted on progress.

This is actually one of the biggest public smoking guns when it comes to him reselling customer books, so much so that the sheriff investigating this should be put into contact with MCS to discuss the details. It is honestly surprising how long he's been able to sell customer books without such public evidence popping up (AFAIK he's been selling customer books for at least 10 years)

While it is possible he sold it to someone who was totally unaware of its providence I see that as being highly unlikely. From his past text messages we have seen him tell people certain books were 'hot' and should be sat on to avoid trouble, so being ignorant of the books he is selling is almost impossible at this point. He has a some remaining acquaintances that could cosign the book for him so that might be the case (some used to be past Hero employees that he maintained contact with, and I've been told one of them stored customer books at their own home after it shut down).

Edited by Sauce Dog