• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hero Restoration, Anyone know the latest?
27 27

1,924 posts in this topic

On 8/30/2024 at 5:51 PM, Neo "The One" said:

We are needing to set this case for grand jury. Mr. DeChellis is still in custody and therefor has the right to trial within 60 days of him being booked. Many people waive this right for a multitude of reasons but Mr. DeChellis has not. We need to get the case to grand jury as we must have an indictment before trial occurs.

Given the circumstances of the case this is an interesting decision, there is no way a public defender recommended this course. Grand Jury's are a one sided affair and have very little value to a defendant outside of purposefully wasting time, which again isn't a good look when the prosecutor decides what to offer for a plea deal. Even if no one appears on the zoom call (which would be bad) there is still enough evidence for an indictment as you just need "preponderance" or as the kids would say; his suss activity is giving skibidi vibes.

Secretly I do hope Mike has decided to represent himself and will offer to take the stand in his defense! This is very bad, obviously (for Mike) and any attorney would be screaming at their client not to even think about this.

On 8/30/2024 at 9:38 PM, DougC said:

Given the circumstances of the case this is an interesting decision, there is no way a public defender recommended this course. Grand Jury's are a one sided affair and have very little value to a defendant outside of purposefully wasting time, which again isn't a good look when the prosecutor decides what to offer for a plea deal. Even if no one appears on the zoom call (which would be bad) there is still enough evidence for an indictment as you just need "preponderance" or as the kids would say; his suss activity is giving skibidi vibes.

Secretly I do hope Mike has decided to represent himself and will offer to take the stand in his defense! This is very bad, obviously (for Mike) and any attorney would be screaming at their client not to even think about this.

You need probable cause for an indictment, not preponderance.

On 8/30/2024 at 7:16 PM, mattn792 said:

PSA to all involved in DeChellis’ prosecution: going forward, keep what you say in here to a minimum.  All of your statements are potential trial material that can be used to impeach your credibility.  And it’s a foregone conclusion that DeChellis knows he’s a topic of conversation on these boards (his past statements certainly won’t do him any favors).

Talk facts only, leave personal opinions out.

On 8/30/2024 at 10:16 PM, mattn792 said:

PSA to all involved in DeChellis’ prosecution: going forward, keep what you say in here to a minimum.  All of your statements are potential trial material that can be used to impeach your credibility.  And it’s a foregone conclusion that DeChellis knows he’s a topic of conversation on these boards (his past statements certainly won’t do him any favors).

Amen to this. 

On 8/31/2024 at 8:05 AM, Neo "The One" said:
On 8/30/2024 at 9:16 PM, mattn792 said:

Amen to this. 

dead silence.jpg

On 8/30/2024 at 10:38 PM, DougC said:

<3 dis - “his suss activity is giving skibidi vibes.” sounds like my kids!

On 8/30/2024 at 9:45 PM, mattn792 said:

You need probable cause for an indictment, not preponderance.

maybe a difference in our states courts or just poor wording:

"A prosecution is not required to prove the case "beyond a reasonable doubt," but typically must convince the grand jury only that a trial on the merits of the charges alleged is reasonable (although some jurisdictions require that the prosecution prove probable cause by a "preponderance of the evidence" [i.e., more likely than not] standard)."

On 8/31/2024 at 8:59 AM, DougC said:

maybe a difference in our states courts or just poor wording:

"A prosecution is not required to prove the case "beyond a reasonable doubt," but typically must convince the grand jury only that a trial on the merits of the charges alleged is reasonable (although some jurisdictions require that the prosecution prove probable cause by a "preponderance of the evidence" [i.e., more likely than not] standard)."

Can’t say I’d ever heard of a jurisdiction that sets the bar at 51/49 for probable cause.  A group of prosecutors definitely wrote that.  lol

On 9/4/2024 at 4:01 PM, KCOComics said:

Any updates with the live zoom call that can be shared?

Grand Jury is tonight.  I joined a little before 5:45 eastern.  says the host has joined and is aware.  Tested my speakers and everything!  I'm in a type of hold.  Can't hear or see anything yet.  I emailed them earlier.  A little disorganized.  They sent me an invite for tonight, then when I asked they said tomorrow.  None of the dates I have listed are for tomorrow.  But I did let them know I'd be joining.  

Made some minor edits to protect the innocent...  image.thumb.png.43decdef023a3eaeda841a60dd10d82b.png

Edited by Neo "The One"
Easter is in April and my spelling sux

On 9/4/2024 at 6:15 PM, Neo &quot;The One&quot; said:

Grand Jury is tonight.  I joined a little before 5:45 eastern.  says the host has joined and is aware.  Tested my speakers and everything!  I'm in a type of hold.  Can't hear or see anything yet.  I emailed them earlier.  A little disorganized.  They sent me an invite for tonight, then when I asked they said tomorrow.  None of the dates I have listed are for tomorrow.  But I did let them know I'd be joining.  

Made some minor edits to protect the innocent...  image.thumb.png.43decdef023a3eaeda841a60dd10d82b.png

I'm slated for 4:10 pst - per their email - but I'm assuming they mean PDT.  So hopefully they let me in in an hour 40 or so.