• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hero Restoration, Anyone know the latest?
27 27

1,924 posts in this topic

On 9/4/2024 at 6:54 PM, Neo "The One" said:

So they are running early.  I testified - under oath - same facts as from the beginning.  Seems they are doing this on a one by one basis.  

Any indication how many others attended? I hope many! 

On 9/4/2024 at 7:38 PM, KCOComics said:

Any indication how many others attended? I hope many! 

No idea. I emailed everyone I had contact information for. A few responded. One person said they contacted the detective, but never got a subpoena, which I thought was odd. I encouraged him to call the DA. There are additional dates scheduled. So *fingers crossed*. My advice is to get all of the questions you’ve been asked by officials together and keep your notes handy. 

Edited by Neo "The One"

On 9/6/2024 at 1:33 PM, Detective781 said:

Greetings comic book enthusiasts!

My name is Matt Wilcox and I am the Detective with the Linn County Sheriff's Office who is investigating the Hero Restoration case.  I wanted to join this chat so I could provide information more efficiently and to potentially find any other customers who have not received their comic books back.  I have been a little overwhelmed trying to keep this case organized, especially now that the court process has started.  This takes up a lot of my time, and I apologize if I have not responded to some of your questions.  

To maintain the integrity of the investigation and the court process, I will not be able to discuss certain details, but I will post updates here as I have time.

Thank you for your patience.        

Large Farva - New England Brewing Co. :headpat:

On 9/6/2024 at 1:33 PM, Detective781 said:

My name is Matt Wilcox and I am the Detective with the Linn County Sheriff's Office who is investigating the Hero Restoration case.  I wanted to join this chat so I could provide information more efficiently and to potentially find any other customers who have not received their comic books back.  I have been a little overwhelmed trying to keep this case organized, especially now that the court process has started.  This takes up a lot of my time, and I apologize if I have not responded to some of your questions.  

To maintain the integrity of the investigation and the court process, I will not be able to discuss certain details, but I will post updates here as I have time.

May we see your credentials? Pic of your badge? Lots of BS goes on around these here parts. 

On 9/6/2024 at 2:33 PM, Detective781 said:

@CGC Mike since some are already questioning this. (TBH me too) is there a way to validate. I’m just going to go ahead and email him, but this may be faster!  Thanks! -G

On 9/7/2024 at 9:16 AM, DougC said:

For the record this is Detective Wilcox:

image.png.79710c74ee180b1d85b8c8fa2579c8be.png

The profile above also has their profile views blocked, which is always a red flag for new users. Just be careful if he asks you to PM him for private zoom calls..:devil:

Lmao!

In all sincerity - I'm not sure what someone would gain by pretending to be Detective Wilcox. Just to screw with some comic book dorks? 

I would like to believe he's legit... us comic collectors may not be able to run up hills or do pull-ups, but we sure can endure getting screwed with! 

On 9/7/2024 at 9:18 AM, KCOComics said:

Guys,  don't worry. Detective Wilcox just invited me to Video Chat. His email is "Catina202@notFlakeTapper.com". 

It's weird, he says the entire department shares the same email. 

Ok ok. So when I received the invite to grand Jury they did not mask the email addresses. Cantina (who is flying solo now btw) is slated for the September 11th Grand Jury (wait for it) zoom video chat testimony! (So weird I know!). If he sends you a screenshot can you cut him a break!?  I’m writing this with a smile on my face and good humor - but I do feel bad they were put through the wringer!!! ;)

On 9/7/2024 at 9:21 AM, KCOComics said:

In all sincerity - I'm not sure what someone would gain by pretending to be Detective Wilcox. Just to screw with some comic book dorks? 

I would like to believe he's legit... us comic collectors may not be able to run up hills or do pull-ups, but we sure can endure getting screwed with! 

I’m with you but better safe than sorry!  psychics like to tease info out of people by feeding their victims generalizations that sound specific. So who knows what’s the motivation?  I already emailed him. So hopefully he’ll respond. 

On 9/7/2024 at 9:25 AM, Neo "The One" said:

Ok ok. So when I received the invite to grand Jury they did not mask the email addresses. Cantina (who is flying solo now btw) is slated for the September 11th Grand Jury (wait for it) zoom video chat testimony! (So weird I know!). If he sends you a screenshot can you cut him a break!?  I’m writing this with a smile on my face and good humor - but I do feel bad they were put through the wringer!!! ;)

Totally not necessary. I was just having a little fun - but I will back off. 

Honestly,  it doesn't impact me one way or another. It was an odd approach to building to trust with a community. 

On 9/7/2024 at 9:30 AM, KCOComics said:

Totally not necessary. I was just having a little fun - but I will back off. 

Honestly,  it doesn't impact me one way or another. It was an odd approach to building to trust with a community. 

No doubt. I think it’s cultural / generational thing. Most of us are old farts! lol.