• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rare variant of AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #29 issue
2 2

11 posts in this topic

Good morning, I'm writing here because I'm in a new situation for me and I don't know how to behave. At Lucca Comics and Games 2023, for an incredible series of lucky coincidences, C. B. Cebulski, Marvel's editor-in-chief, handed me an ultra-rare variant of Amazing Spider-Man #29 and autographed it. As can be read from the certificate of which I attach photo, this is a variant in a very limited print of only 25 copies worldwide, which are delivered exclusively in person by Cebulski, therefore without the possibility of buying them. The comic is obviously in practically perfect condition, I busted it instantly and treated it like a relic. I found absolutely nothing about it on the internet. Now I would like to understand how much it can be worth in broad terms, and if you think it is appropriate to have it graded, because I live in Italy and it makes me a little anxious to ship it to America. Thank you so much for your attention!

ASM #29 VARIANT.jpg

the challenge with rare variants is that no one knows they exist. To drive value you need lots of potential buyers competing for purchase.

your book is signed and it was not witness by CGC so to me there is no point in sending it to CGC to be graded as they will treat the signature as a defect.

Keep it raw and enjoy it.

Thanks for sharing the book, I have never seen it before.

I don’t know about your book but I have a rare photo variant Margot Robbie Harley issue that was sold only at a Mexican comicon and last check there was like 3 on CGC census. I’ve had it on eBay for 3 years and gotten like 1 offer. With super ultra rare variants like that nobody looks for them because nobody knows they exist so there’s little market for them. I’ve seen variants with 500-1500 limits go for $300-500 so yours should be at worth at least that but good luck ever selling it, you’ll be waiting years and years to realize fair value. 

On 11/11/2023 at 3:52 AM, Roxainer said:

Good morning, I'm writing here because I'm in a new situation for me and I don't know how to behave. At Lucca Comics and Games 2023, for an incredible series of lucky coincidences, C. B. Cebulski, Marvel's editor-in-chief, handed me an ultra-rare variant of Amazing Spider-Man #29 and autographed it. As can be read from the certificate of which I attach photo, this is a variant in a very limited print of only 25 copies worldwide, which are delivered exclusively in person by Cebulski, therefore without the possibility of buying them. The comic is obviously in practically perfect condition, I busted it instantly and treated it like a relic. I found absolutely nothing about it on the internet. Now I would like to understand how much it can be worth in broad terms, and if you think it is appropriate to have it graded, because I live in Italy and it makes me a little anxious to ship it to America. Thank you so much for your attention!

ASM #29 VARIANT.jpg

If you send this to CGC it will either get a lower grade with a blue label (if you request it) or a green label with "name written on cover" in notes. Neither are what most would want. If you want the signature recognized you will have to go with the other guys. All in all if you want to sell this you are going to have to find a buyer not the other way around which will be more difficult as you live outside of the US.

You may just want to keep this as is and have it as a memory.

It all looked very low Res when I tried to zoom in. But it looked as if exclusive had been misspelled as esclusive.

BTW anyone else just even slightly irked that the OP generates quite a few replies and provokes some good questions from other boardies, but never posts again in their own thread? I mean, was the guy just standing there handing out copies to random strangers?

On 11/16/2023 at 10:15 AM, LowGradeBronze said:

It all looked very low Res when I tried to zoom in. But it looked as if exclusive had been misspelled as esclusive.

BTW anyone else just even slightly irked that the OP generates quite a few replies and provokes some good questions from other boardies, but never posts again in their own thread? I mean, was the guy just standing there handing out copies to random strangers?

I magnified t and it definitely does spell "exclusive" correctly. Sadly the OP silence is far too common around here.

marvel variant exclusive spelled correctly.jpg