• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage Jan 11-14, 2024 Auction
3 3

267 posts in this topic

On 11/28/2023 at 4:00 PM, midwestfourcolors said:

i count like 8 pages...doesnt seem like such a huge chunk cosidering how much material there is...

That's 6-8 pages more than we'd seen at auction for year's long stretches until the last couple of auctions. That's probably what he means. 

On 11/28/2023 at 10:45 PM, tth2 said:

(thumbsu  Correct, it's all relative.  Relative to Garfield pages, 8 pages isn't very much.  But relative to historical offerings, 6-8 Sandman pages, particularly for 2 Signature Auctions in a row, is a lot. 

garfield.jpg

On 11/27/2023 at 11:33 PM, tth2 said:

Another huge chunk of Sandman pages.  Some even have Morpheus in them! 

Some nice ones for sure. Particularly the Kelley Jones page from the Season of the Mist story arc.  Sill...nothing like that beauty in the current ComicLink auction featuring Death and Morpheus from Issue 8. :luhv::cloud9:

On 11/29/2023 at 9:37 AM, Matches_Malone said:

Some nice ones for sure. Particularly the Kelley Jones page from the Season of the Mist story arc.  Sill...nothing like that beauty in the current ComicLink auction featuring Death and Morpheus from Issue 8. :luhv::cloud9:

The crib death page? More like a gut punch than a dreamy emoticon...

On 11/30/2023 at 9:28 AM, jjonahjameson11 said:

You're pimping this one hard!  is it yours or perhaps a friends?

I'm a Sandman fan overall, and I recognize exceptional and rare pages such as this one. I think the art from the series was due for some acknowledgment. Albeit been from early issues from Sam Kieth, Mike Dringenberg, Kelley Jones, and Bachalo (W/ HCOL) or later issues with art from Zulli or Thompson.  You will see that I make comments regarding most of Sandman art. This one specifically more so, because it's an incredible piece that never comes to light.  I do have pages from early issues, unfortunately, I was late to the game in acquiring them because I let the 14-year-old boy in me run amok collecting Jim Lee or McFarlane's, no regrets thought. Equally, I was pulling for the Netflix show to do really well.  IMO It's good, but not great.  Definitely room for improvement. 

Edited by Matches_Malone

On 11/30/2023 at 11:01 PM, Matches_Malone said:

Equally, I was pulling for the Netflix show to do really well.  IMO It's good, but not great.  Definitely room for improvement. 

I thought it was really good after a bit of a slow start.  The trip to Hell was a disappointment.  But the diner scene was as nightmarish as it was in the comic.  And the episode with Hob Gadling was done very well. 

On 11/30/2023 at 10:12 AM, tth2 said:

I thought it was really good after a bit of a slow start.  The trip to Hell was a disappointment.  But the diner scene was as nightmarish as it was in the comic.  And the episode with Hob Gadling was done very well. 

The series overall is good. I think Death was miscast .... I was hoping for Anya Taylor Joy. The extra episodes of Dream of A Thousand Cats and Calliope were outstanding. 

Edited by Matches_Malone

On 11/30/2023 at 5:21 PM, Matches_Malone said:

The extra episodes of Dream of A Thousand Cats and Calliope were exceptional. 

As the SFX production process for season 2 will take a while, I would have kept extra episodes to give them to viewers later, to keep the series alive in the heart of viewers waiting for season 2.

I would have released the "Dream of a Thousand Cats" / "Calliope" episode last christmas, instead of 15 days after the initial run release

I would have released the "A Midsummer Night's Dream" episode at the end of this last summer.

I would have released the "Tales in the Sand" episode 6 months before the season 2 debut, as an intro to the "Season of Mists" arc we probably will see explored in season 2.

.. but that's in my dreams. :-)

PS: in the same time, I see no real solution to adapt "Facade"...

Edited by Ecclectica