• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just rented FF movie

137 posts in this topic

I will sum it up with a single scene:

Victor Von Doom stands facing all four of the team now working together to fight him. He reaches out his hands and lightning/ energy eminates from his finger tips.

Now comes the time for the dialogue. The Doom I know from the comics is a brilliant man, but is a megalamaniac thinking himself the better of all humans bar none. He should say something like:

" And now behold! The unmitigated power of..Doom!" or some similar grandiose comment that denotes his self opinion. What does he say?

"This will be fun"

Horrible movie.

Glad I rented it, I was considering buying this.

Artboy99

Huh. I liked it. Sure it wasn't too deep or thought-provoking, but I think the director/writer did a good job with Torch and Ben. Reminded me of the campiness of the silver age.

EXACTLY.

Yup. If you like campiness, you'll like the movie. If you're expecting a serious cinematic effort, you will be disappointed.

Bought the DVD last night and I actually liked it. They had to get a lot of storyline out of the way so there could have been more action but the actors were perfectly casted. I recently saw Batman and after listening to all the hype I just don't see what the big deal was with this movie. I lost interest about two thirds of the way through. It started out okay but generally speaking I thought it was terrible.

Obviously Hollywood doesn't have any Stan Lees writing movies.

huh. not entirely true.

let the writers write, and keep the directors, actors, producers, marketing people, and friends/family of any of the above out of it. many a fine -script has been butchered beyond all belief long after the writer was through with it

Thats why I must say that DD was the best comic book movie ever....yet no one seems to agree. Camp kept to a minimum, the villian/s were amazing, the substories were strong. For me Doom wasn't as cool as I pictured him as being...whereas in DD, Bullseye is so much cooler than I pictured him in the comics. As well Jessica Alba as a blonde in just smokin'. FF I would watch again, which is more than I could ever say about the Hulk.

Jim

I enjoyed FF more than Hulk and both Spider-man movies because it didn't seem to take itself so seriously. My favorite comic book movies? Superman 2 and Sin City. That is until someone remakes "Return to Riverdale"! 27_laughing.gifinsane.gif

I enjoyed FF more than Hulk and both Spider-man movies because it didn't seem to take itself so seriously. My favorite comic book movies? Superman 2 and Sin City. That is until someone remakes "Return to Riverdale"! 27_laughing.gifinsane.gif

Too late.

8e_1.JPG

When i was a kid and superman 2 was coming out i wanted to see it more than anything else! the idea of super baddies with the same powers as superman had me really excited! This is what i had been waiting for and when i went to see it in the theater i loved it,but that isn't what stuck with me about that movie!!! You see my dad insisting that we make it a double feature and go see some movie i had no interest in at all--it was a little picture called raiders of the lost ark!!!! Well anyway that's what stuck with me most about superman 2--that fact that it had gotten completely blown away by raiders of the lost ark! popcorn.gif

Batman Begins was phenominal to me.

Perhaps that is the difference, I do want a more serious take on these movies. I can watch the cartoons for the campiness.

Artboy99

I think that's an unfair comparison. I thought BB was good, but didn't think it deserved all the lavish praise it had received. It has nothing to do with campiness vs. seriousness.

Perhaps that is the difference, I do want a more serious take on these movies. I can watch the cartoons for the campiness.

Artboy99

I think that's an unfair comparison. I thought BB was good, but didn't think it deserved all the lavish praise it had received. It has nothing to do with campiness vs. seriousness.

I agree - it was well made, with solid direction and performances, but it was largely uninspired and plot heavy.

Artboy99

Agreed.

Watching BB for the second time recently on DVD, it did seem a bit slow and not as good as I recall it being in the theater. [The beginning was VERY slow.}

Overall, decent, but not great.

I agree - it was well made, with solid direction and performances, but it was largely uninspired and plot heavy.

I agree with that assessment.

And for the record, I had low expectations going in to see Daredevil. And was pleasantly surprised. My wife even thought it was pretty good.