• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Paul's Xmas Giveaway Competition. Free stuff is always good.
5 5

131 posts in this topic

On 11/30/2023 at 3:36 PM, Paul (GG) © ® ™💙 said:

You have to find the thumbnail photos.

The good news for you, is that they are all in one place.

Seven years ago I started to build a GA library for the forums. It's a never ending job. To date there are 4222 individual forum pages in THE GOLD READING ROOM, each page containing about 15 or so individual comic book pages.

Along the way I have planted these 10 thumbnail avatar pics randomly. Your job is to find all ten. A page may contain one or more...or it may not.

I suggest you name each pic as you find it with the exact page number.

The first person to find all 10 is the winner.

Remember the spirit of the season and don't cheat.

It would be cool if when you find a pic, you could maybe update the thread accordingly, so we can get some idea of progress.

Good Luck fellas.  :fourleafclover: 

do we submit page numbers with pics in the pm that we started to join the contest?

you mentioned to update how many we've found here too, but just so we know? the official submitted answer is in one post in the pm?

On 11/30/2023 at 9:38 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

do we submit page numbers with pics in the pm that we started to join the contest?

you mentioned to update how many we've found here too, but just so we know? the official submitted answer is in one post in the pm?

You don't have to update the thread as you go along, that was just something I thought would be fun. It goes without saying, but if you do that don't mention the page number because others may still be looking for it.

When you have all 10 just send me a pm with the 10 thumbnails and their equivalent page number.

Needle meet haystack, but I have found 1 Uno!

Would help to know if the pics were in order lol??? But I've almost memorized what I'm looking for, but then again it is "needles" in a haystack lol 

I'm taking time to eat, breath and otherwise sustain living, but I see 10 days in my future haha no worries!

I thought this was gonna be easier, like guessing how many licks it takes to get to the center of a tootsie pop :tonofbricks:

On 11/30/2023 at 5:40 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I'd be interested who won it last time? If there was a last time?

Cause I'm having sweet deja vu of @KirbyJack winning. :roflmao:

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 11/30/2023 at 11:40 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I'd be interested who won it last time? If there was a last time?

First time I've done it. Giveaways last time....well I just gave 'em away.

On 11/30/2023 at 5:56 PM, Paul (GG) © ® ™💙 said:

Are you using a laptop?

indeed. There are not really any clues to the pages, I feel like even if they "were in order" that I'd go through some pages and miss one not knowing where lol 

I say that we set a time limit and then whomever has found the most wins lol:makepoint: maybe someone would get lucky and find a page with more than one and be ahead ...

idk just a thought :) 

On 12/1/2023 at 12:01 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I say that we set a time limit and then whomever has found the most wins lol:makepoint: maybe someone would get lucky and find a page with more than one and be ahead ...

idk just a thought :) 

Well I said 10 days, happy to extend until someone finds them. They're guaranteed. I will not do anything else with the prizes. they will be boxed up soon ready to ship....whenever that may be.

There are two ways to do this. Randomly select pages and keep a note of the page number so you don't do it again....and hope you get lucky.....OR....systematically go thru' every page where you are guaranteed to find them. 

On 11/30/2023 at 6:06 PM, Paul (GG) © ® ™💙 said:

Well I said 10 days, happy to extend until someone finds them. They're guaranteed. I will not do anything else with the prizes. they will be boxed up soon ready to ship....whenever that may be.

There are two ways to do this. Randomly select pages and keep a note of the page number so you don't do it again....and hope you get lucky.....OR....systematically go thru' every page where you are guaranteed to find them. 

No problem. I imagine with others that "time is a factor" and yet 10 days sounds reasonable, and yet this thread is quite the accomplishment for scanning comics :) edit to say, which also took time ^^ 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 12/1/2023 at 12:09 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

No problem. I imagine with others that "time is a factor" and yet 10 days sounds reasonable, and yet this thread is quite the accomplishment for scanning comics :) 

Thank you. I don't often get any recognition for it.

On 11/30/2023 at 6:33 PM, CJ Design said:

I "stumbled" on to one also....may be the only one..:wishluck:

oye! 4,000 pages will give you such a crick in the neck! :banana:

R.40dc56aeee1ce515af7d1d50a94e3b19?rik=%