• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Kirby art results
3 3

125 posts in this topic

On 12/10/2023 at 12:43 AM, tth2 said:

Aren't these exactly the types of Kirby pages that the OP is saying are dead

"Air going out" is not "dead." The observation I am making is based on the high (as compared to the last 4 years) number of unsold Kirby pages on dealer sites, recent CC results and CLink results (below). Perhaps there is real validity to what others here have noted, i.e., the younger OA buyers just don't want Kirby and are putting their money elsewhere. Whether this is a cyclical "pause" in the Kirby market or something else is up for debate.

BTW those splashes will do well, but how well? I'd be interested to know what you think they will go for and then compare that to the results. I don't think that Demon DPS cracks 30K in this market, unless someone is a maniac for Kirby krackle.

Screenshot_20231210_073354_Chrome.jpg

Edited by KirbyCollector

On 1/12/2024 at 1:36 PM, batman_fan said:

Mister Miracle - $31.2k

Demon single page splash - $42k

Demon double page splash - $18k. I was way off

Depends on how you look at it. 

You guessed $80k+ for the three and they went for $91k.  Sounds like you hit it pretty good. 

On 1/12/2024 at 2:33 PM, comix4fun said:

Depends on how you look at it. 

You guessed $80k+ for the three and they went for $91k.  Sounds like you hit it pretty good. 

I was so close to bidding on the double page splash but I have a Kirby Demon splash (with a trim issue :cry:)

On 12/4/2023 at 10:07 PM, KirbyCollector said:

2 Kirby Miracle Man pages on Comic Connect tonight, both results were anemic. Between this, all the new Forever People pages sitting unsold on Burkey's site, and a number of scattered auctions over the past year it looks like the air has really gone out of the Bronze Age Kirby market.

Mister Miracle. Vastly different than Miracleman and Miracle Man.

And, those two auctions are ComicConnect auctions, so what did you expect?

On 1/12/2024 at 8:51 PM, batman_fan said:

I was so close to bidding on the double page splash but I have a Kirby Demon splash (with a trim issue :cry:)

That's called upgrading.

On 1/23/2024 at 8:57 PM, g-man said:

Impressive New Gods splash by Kirby coming up in the next Link auction. 

1D4BC268-0919-422C-A9C1-55199D929937.jpeg

Man, that is spectacular! The pinnacle of Kirby's Fourth World work, IMO. wonder what this will sell for ... 

On 1/23/2024 at 8:57 PM, g-man said:

Going to sound petty, but it should be "IF WE MUST DIE, LET NEW GENESIS LIVE!" That poorly placed first exclamation mark is torture for my grammarian OCD. I don't think I could handle looking at that every day. It is spectacular in every other way. Well, except for the incorrect use of "- -" which should just be a comma; unless there is another double dash -- which there isn't -- you don't put in just one. Uggh. 

On 1/23/2024 at 7:57 PM, g-man said:

Is this the original or a recreation? I read recently about a recreation of this page for sale. It is a great image either way, but obviously the price would change dramatically.

On 1/24/2024 at 11:30 AM, RBerman said:

Is this the original or a recreation? I read recently about a recreation of this page for sale. It is a great image either way, but obviously the price would change dramatically.

The Jack Kirby original will go up for auction in the next ComicLink auction.

The Mike Royer recreation was offered on Facebook and is clearly labeled as such.