• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE YEAR IN REVIEW: What have you collected in 2023 and aspire to in '24?
8 8

97 posts in this topic

On 12/24/2023 at 7:34 AM, ThothAmon said:

Some incredible acquisitions made in 2023 in this thread. Thanks for another great thread Cat!

Por moi, pickups are pretty varied. My core collecting interests made some progress with a few graded Archie’s, Detective/Batman’s, A-Man’s. Added to my Krenkel doodle collection.  Other stuff just spoke to me. Here’s a sample. 

Mostly took the year off from selling as tuition payments ceased but plan on resuming selling off parts of my graded collection in 2024 as I have way too many comics and magazines and the silver through modern stuff doesn’t interest me as much. 

IMG_0655.jpeg

IMG_0656.jpeg

IMG_0657.jpeg

IMG_0658.jpeg

IMG_0659.jpeg

IMG_0660.jpeg

IMG_0661.jpeg

IMG_0662.jpeg

Nice group of varied pieces! I know what you mean when you say “it spoke to me”. I’ve been hearing voices in many languages, for over 50 years. :roflmao:

On 12/14/2023 at 6:22 AM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Wow! I didn’t know this

IMG_4476.jpeg

IMG_4475.jpeg

If I can locate the Comic Tropes YouTube video, it provides even more jaw-dropping anecdotal insight... :whatthe:

Note: These are the opinions of the site's creator and his sources, but Chris's research seems bulletproof. hm

:cheers:

On 12/31/2023 at 6:15 PM, sagii said:

Secondly, i got heavily into bronze horror this year, so much so it distracted me from gold a lot. My top 3 in that journey 

Scary Tales #2 (cgc copy).jpg

One of my favorite Charlton issues! Awesome cover by Sutton and just a spectacular story that has stuck in my memory from childhood! (thumbsu

Scary Tales # 2.jpg

Scary Tales # 2 Art Panels.jpg

On 12/31/2023 at 11:29 PM, Jayman said:

One of my favorite Charlton issues! Awesome cover by Sutton and just a spectacular story that has stuck in my memory from childhood! (thumbsu

Scary Tales # 2.jpg

Scary Tales # 2 Art Panels.jpg

Thanks Jayman :cheers:

On 12/31/2023 at 5:13 PM, sagii said:

Ok, since Cat said it's more of a collecting journey, the second post will stray from gold, but are still comics. So, i think i posted in a Thread asking goals for this year that i'd love to have a Mile High copy, that goal was achieved. Also got a rare book, a key 1st appearance and a classic cover back in the PC. 

Sparkler Comics #4 (Edgar Church-Mile High).jpg

Wow, oh, wow! That is an incredibly cool book! NIce grab, Sagii!

On 12/24/2023 at 4:34 PM, ThothAmon said:

Some incredible acquisitions made in 2023 in this thread. Thanks for another great thread Cat!

Por moi, pickups are pretty varied. My core collecting interests made some progress with a few graded Archie’s, Detective/Batman’s, A-Man’s. Added to my Krenkel doodle collection.  Other stuff just spoke to me. Here’s a sample. 

Mostly took the year off from selling as tuition payments ceased but plan on resuming selling off parts of my graded collection in 2024 as I have way too many comics and magazines and the silver through modern stuff doesn’t interest me as much. 

IMG_0655.jpeg

IMG_0656.jpeg

IMG_0657.jpeg

IMG_0658.jpeg

IMG_0659.jpeg

IMG_0660.jpeg

IMG_0661.jpeg

IMG_0662.jpeg

Wow, what a nice Red Hood!