• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post Your Top 3 Personal Comic Book/Original Art Acquisitions of 2023!
8 8

118 posts in this topic

On 12/16/2023 at 12:52 PM, Point Five said:

They're all great, but I'm a *huge* fan of this cover in particular. I have two very similar copies myself, and can't believe it's been under the radar so long.  :applause: 

I saw it and was struck by it and immediately went looking for a copy I knew I couldn't afford. 

On 12/16/2023 at 1:52 PM, Point Five said:

They're all great, but I'm a *huge* fan of this cover in particular. I have two very similar copies myself, and can't believe it's been under the radar so long.  :applause: 

I think it is under the radar also and I got it at a decent  price. I think it presents very well for the grade.

On 12/15/2023 at 9:07 AM, lizards2 said:

I can't pick just three, so you get five. I'm a rule breaker. :yeehaw: Mods mortified.
I've picked up a lot of nice SA Wonder Woman and Baby Huey slabs this year - they've all been cracked out, of course.

Scarecrow1.jpg

I am quite envious of this book. Excellent purchase!

On 12/16/2023 at 3:19 PM, Math Teacher said:
On 12/15/2023 at 7:07 AM, lizards2 said:

I can't pick just three, so you get five. I'm a rule breaker. :yeehaw: Mods mortified.
I've picked up a lot of nice SA Wonder Woman and Baby Huey slabs this year - they've all been cracked out, of course.

Scarecrow1.jpg

Expand  

I am quite envious of this book. Excellent purchase!

I just happened to be at the right place at the right time, in loboagain's short sales thread. I wasn't even at home - I was on a laptop at our other place up in Redmond, and was just checking in when he posted it. Another story is that I found a #2 in my Gold Key box a few months back that I had never inventoried - I didn't remember that I even had it.

Spoiler

image000000.thumb.jpg.527979dda706854b7b599d9a969b86f7.jpg

On 12/17/2023 at 11:34 PM, Math Teacher said:

Just out of curiosity, whose arm is drawn to the right of Steve Rogers' right knee?

Please understand that I am in no way belittling your acquisitions.

Or the floating head with no hair?

I feel like these are dismembered parts of fallen foes of Steve Rogers, which explains the agony on the cover, as he recoils in disgust from his barbaric behaviour.