• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post Your Top 3 Personal Comic Book/Original Art Acquisitions of 2023!
8 8

118 posts in this topic

On 12/18/2023 at 5:41 PM, badback83 said:

I was very fortunate this year and I am very appreciative of that.  I got the opportunity to purchase some wonderful books.  Here are my top 3: 

3.  All Select Comics 1.  
A classic golden age cover.  The Big 3 kicking rear-end and taking names.  Cap with a machine gun mowing down hate mongers is always a good thing.  Torch flaming through structures and setting those scumbags ablaze.  But my favorite part, Sub-Mariner tipping the bridge and sending Nazis to a watery grave.  Brilliant!

IMG_3897.thumb.jpeg.5bcc22cb808961ebf96741773600ec76.jpeg

2.  Captain America Comics 5. 
Jack Kirby, Joe Simon and Stan Lee.  Sheesh.  What a book.  Wheel of Death, Nazi mongrels and a clown with a hatchet?!  What more do you need?!  Now, I’m not usually one for signed books.  For this one however, I quickly made an exception.  Signed Joe Simon and Stan Lee.  Perfect signatures, perfect placement.  The green was a wonderful choice for Mr. Simon’s signature.

image.thumb.jpeg.2ffa28fb11746ff8711be60a76bd2d73.jpeg

1.  THE number one book by far, without question for me this year.  THE number one book I’ve ever owned and THE undisputed champion of my collection: 

Captain America Comics 46

So much has already been said about this issue.  The significance, the history.  This book represents so much more to me than just a comic.  It’s difficult to put into words but it really hits me in a different way than any other book has.  I’m incredibly thankful, grateful and lucky to have this issue be the pinnacle of my collection: 

2023-10-23-18-09-49-01.thumb.jpeg.2a3f59495e5d5426facd346628c6dc2b.jpeg

Gotta disagree with your comment on the All Select cover - judging by the look of it, there'll be nobody left whose name can be taken.   lol

Nice books btw.