• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM #252 CGC 9.8 Record Sale - something fishy going on? - Holder Tampering Incident confirmed by CGC
50 50

9,030 posts in this topic

On 12/24/2023 at 1:15 AM, VintageComics said:

I simply replied to your post on tape because it was WRONG. Nothing more. 

So when someone replies to YOUR post, simply because you're WRONG, it's trolling and targeting.

It's weird... you talk about 'inspiring conversation', and that's all good and fine when people agree with what you are on about, but as soon as anyone disagrees with you, you call it 'targeting'.

You don't have to interact with Cat, you can put him on ignore. You don't have to interact with Buzz, you can put him on ignore. You don't have to interact with anyone you don't want to.

On 12/24/2023 at 2:16 AM, D2 said:

I do want to point out that, the waste of time on these pages was annoying. 

It was really disappointing to try and read this thread guys.

I’m serious.

This sucked, skimming through all the .

Some ‘community’.

:slapfight:

Put people on ignore. You zip right past.

Of course, if someone nests your comment, everyone can see it. I've had you on ignore for a while, but this one got nested.

On 12/23/2023 at 10:29 PM, drotto said:

Another thing.  The swap give him two (maybe more) high grade books to sell.  With they Marry pages there is one good book, and one sacrificial or low grade qualified book.  Far more money in the swap method.

And there's a really good chance that a married book will not get past the graders with a blue label, creating a financial loss for the would-be scammer.  This guy is looking for slam-dunks, not half-court bank shots.  I'm not buying the "married pages scam" theory at all.  I would bet that if we crack open that 8.5 Hulk 181, page 10 will still be missing.  

On 12/23/2023 at 10:41 PM, Steven Valdez said:
On 12/23/2023 at 11:01 AM, VintageComics said:

People who are saying AI can grade comics accurately, efficiency and in a cost effective manner anytime soon just don't understand complex systems, or how the entire system would work and the complexity involved. It is off the charts, making it unrealistic any time soon. It's not impossible, It's just not happening anytime soon. 

We get it, everyone is more stupid than you. Only you have vision and insight.

Maybe putting a sticker on it will make it better? :D

On 12/24/2023 at 1:50 PM, Buzzetta said:

Many actually.   I am not being facetious here.  I know a few collector friends that early on taught me never to use my full name with any collectibles for a multitude of reasons.

I know a few friends that if you search their name and the terms "collectibles", "comics", "toys", or anything like that, then the search will not yield anything.  They also have amazing collections that no one knows about and that is one of the ways that they keep it that way. 

Me too. Hint: I am not really Hispanic.

I have an idea.  CGC should just be a repository for all the books they grade.  You send your book in, they grade it and store it permanently in an abandoned missile silo.  They then send you a plastic info card with the grade prominently displayed along with a serial number, the title and issue number and an NFT.  That way you can view your book online (if you must).  Then we can just trade those info cards.  Of course, if may be a good idea to get those cards encapsulated so they stay pristine.

CGC, Graded Once, Graded Forever!

(Actual storage location of books subject to change)

On 12/24/2023 at 2:09 PM, Happy Noodle Boy said:

Because any security measure expensive enough to significantly increase the fees to slab comics could result in CGC losing business.

Surely it would improve their business if ethical customers could be assured of getting a tamper-proof product. Sure, their scammer clientele might begin to drop off.

On 12/24/2023 at 1:17 AM, mjoeyoung said:

I have an idea.  CGC should just be a repository for all the books they grade.  You send your book in, they grade it and store it permanently in an abandoned missile silo.  They then send you a plastic info card with the grade prominently displayed along with a serial number, the title and issue number and an NFT.  That way you can view your book online (if you must).  Then we can just trade those info cards.  Of course, if may be a good idea to get those cards encapsulated so they stay pristine.

CGC, Graded Once, Graded Forever!

(Actual storage location of books subject to change)

Maybe I'm totally making this up, but didn't that idea get floated at some point? They would store your books after they were slabbed. 

On 12/24/2023 at 4:31 PM, Prince Namor said:

Put people on ignore. You zip right past.

Of course, if someone nests your comment, everyone can see it. I've had you on ignore for a while, but this one got nested.

How do I put 'certain people' on ignore? Not able to figure it out, embarrassingly ...

Edited by Steven Valdez