• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM #252 CGC 9.8 Record Sale - something fishy going on? - Holder Tampering Incident confirmed by CGC
50 50

9,029 posts in this topic

On 12/28/2023 at 5:16 PM, CAHokie said:

You don’t just “call in” the FBI. Even if something falls into their jurisdiction, they have to decide to run with a case based on their internal guidelines, priorities, and manpower. A couple million dollars is pocket change compared to a lot of crimes out there.  It doesn’t mean local police or another agency wont pick it up, but the more info CGC can learn first, the better.

Agreed. I've noticed before watching fraud specials that sometimes you have to find the properly motivated agency.

Postal inspectors getting crazy excited about something the FBI will fall asleep about.

On 12/28/2023 at 9:20 AM, THE_BEYONDER said:

I expected more….:sorry:

I expected way less.  Though this means that the situation is way more dire than I expected. 

As people have stated, it basically brings to question any slabbed book you purchased in the past recent years and puts a kibosh on any purchases in the near future.

On 12/28/2023 at 7:06 PM, jsilverjanet said:

who wants to guess the number of books impacted by this (as reported by CGC)

The part B to this question is guessing how many people will use the instructional You Tube video on how to crack cases to commit new frauds. 

On 12/28/2023 at 5:18 PM, Mdesimone said:

I hope to hear how cgc is going to compensate, I had a switcharoo with an amaze spider man 129 he swapped an 8.0 into a 9.0 holder. In its real form an 8.0 it’s worth more then what I paid for the fake 9.0 now

How do you know your book is part of this scam?