• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comiclink

39 posts in this topic

Tip on Goo Gone: it comes in a citris scent variety. After using it, take a wet paper towel and wipe off and let it air for a couple of days as the scent doesn't disappear easily.

You don't like your books to smell lemony-fresh?

This is hilarious--I really feel the same way. I just had a conversation with Josh on this very matter this week and gave it the old college try. Unfortunately, their business process doesn't make it easy to avoid the sticker, but they are weak enough that you can remove it in about 3 minutes with some Goo Gone and good fingernail work. The sticker haters have been effectively represented. thumbsup2.gif

I'm planning on affixing my Sterling Comics stickers to consigned books destined to CL so they can get the point that removing stickers is a pain in the 893censored-thumb.gif Maybe they'll just leave it so I can get some free advertising. 27_laughing.gif

I'm all for them not placing their stickers on my property. sumo.gif

Please do that acclaim.gif I totally agree with you on this one...will be receiving 2 books from them...oh well...guess a thread of whats the best way to remove a comiclink sticker could start... poke2.gif

Amen, Brother! thumbsup2.gif I''ve never understood why they do this. Thankfully, it is on the back of the slab but still. Thanks for the tip on the Goo Gone. I'll have to try it.

Well the reason is advertising. On a slab I just purchased? The car dealer analogy hit it dead on. What really frustrated me is that no one told me that it simply wasn't good enough to tell them "no stickers" because their process doesn't allow for deviation (ie no stickers). The call was sparked after getting more books with stickers (after telling them no thank you).

Tip on Goo Gone: it comes in a citris scent variety. After using it, take a wet paper towel and wipe off and let it air for a couple of days as the scent doesn't disappear easily. You should be able to get this at Wal Mart or similar store. A flat blade can help but be careful as this can scratch the holder.

Advertising?! Christo_pull_hair.gif I'm already sold on their site. They are preaching to the choir. No one else is going to see it unless they go through my comic boxes and find those particular slabs amongst all the others. What frustrates me is at least when I buy a car and I tell them no stickers, they usually listen and comply. From your experience, it seems Josh is unwilling to listen. Now, most of the stuff I've bought from Comiclink have not been huge ticket items. But can you imagine being the guy who bought the X-Men #1 9.6 for $100 Grand only to get it and find that god awful sticker on the back. 893whatthe.gif And, as you pointed out, it is not easy to remove.

I wonder if we can charge them for advertising fees...... popcorn.gif

I bought this from Comiclink. Paid $540. One of those great books where all the defects are on the back cover. One of my favorite Actions!

action54.jpg

Jeff nice book but the it looks like the top edge was trimmed. confused.gif I hope it is not but get that book resubed because it sure does look like a 9.4 to me. Another case of old label grading being tougher than current standards.

Surfer,

It hasn't been trimmed. This miscut is common on this issue.

As for the grade, it does have defects on the back cover, and the light tanning on the bottom edge of the pages. It's possible that it might get an 8.0 on a re-sub, but I wouldn't expect it to go any higher than that.

Jeff

The only thing that bugs me about comiclink is the sticker they affix to the back of the slab advertising their site. It's like when you buy a new car and the dealer puts a sticker on the back bumper advertising their dealership. That really bothers me.

This is hilarious--I really feel the same way. I just had a conversation with Josh on this very matter this week and gave it the old college try. Unfortunately, their business process doesn't make it easy to avoid the sticker, but they are weak enough that you can remove it in about 3 minutes with some Goo Gone and good fingernail work. The sticker haters have been effectively represented. thumbsup2.gif

I'm planning on affixing my Sterling Comics stickers to consigned books destined to CL so they can get the point that removing stickers is a pain in the 893censored-thumb.gif Maybe they'll just leave it so I can get some free advertising. 27_laughing.gif

Same problem here too! I've talked with Josh about it and he told me if the book was in inventory already that he couldn't do anything about it, but if it was being sent in by someone he'd make sure it wouldn't have a sticker on it. Thanks for the Goo Gone. I'll be buying some after the holidays and whack all those friggin books!!

I bought this from Comiclink. Paid $540. One of those great books where all the defects are on the back cover. One of my favorite Actions!

action54.jpg

It's possible that it might get an 8.0 on a re-sub, but I wouldn't expect it to go any higher than that.

Jeff

Re-SUB. 27_laughing.gif

Great cover. 893applaud-thumb.gif My favorite war Action along with 53 and 63. I love the colors.

I've talked with Josh about it and he told me if the book was in inventory already that he couldn't do anything about it, but if it was being sent in by someone he'd make sure it wouldn't have a sticker on it.

The real answer of course is to affix the sticker at the time of shipment according to the customer's preferences. Believe it or not that isn't an option. confused-smiley-013.gif I mean, how much time are they saving...10 seconds per book? Isn't that worth customer satisfaction? My guess is that they know that the majority, if given the option, would opt out of the sticker. Too many anal retentive collectors for this not to be the case.

Ok, done here. Sorry for the soapbox.

I've talked with Josh about it and he told me if the book was in inventory already that he couldn't do anything about it, but if it was being sent in by someone he'd make sure it wouldn't have a sticker on it.

The real answer of course is to affix the sticker at the time of shipment according to the customer's preferences. Believe it or not that isn't an option. confused-smiley-013.gif I mean, how much time are they saving...10 seconds per book? Isn't that worth customer satisfaction? My guess is that they know that the majority, if given the option, would opt out of the sticker. Too many anal retentive collectors for this not to be the case.

Ok, done here. Sorry for the soapbox.

Pedigree should create a slogan like, "We Don't Attach any $*%@^&* Stickers to Your Slabs"

The only thing that bugs me about comiclink is the sticker they affix to the back of the slab advertising their site. It's like when you buy a new car and the dealer puts a sticker on the back bumper advertising their dealership. That really bothers me.

Hey Sterling!! Guess what? I just received a couple of books I bought from Comiclink and they had no sticker on the back. Maybe your conversation with Josh had more effect than you thought it did. thumbsup2.gif Now if only you could talk to him about the credit card fee 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Hey Sterling!! Guess what? I just received a couple of books I bought from Comiclink and they had no sticker on the back. Maybe your conversation with Josh had more effect than you thought it did. thumbsup2.gif Now if only you could talk to him about the credit card fee 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

thumbsup2.gif

Hey Sterling!! Guess what? I just received a couple of books I bought from Comiclink and they had no sticker on the back. Maybe your conversation with Josh had more effect than you thought it did. thumbsup2.gif

I'm hopeful, but something tells me....

** isolated incident **

Hmmm, that's wierd, I don't remember having any stickers on my books from them. Is this new or have I just gotten lucky?

Maybe you have been really lucky. Prior to these two, every book I've bought (10) have had stickers affixed to the back of them that are tough to remove. Thanks to forum members Sterling Comics and Red Hook, I was able to remove them with Goo Gone. yay.gif