• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comiclink

39 posts in this topic

good deals? 893scratchchin-thumb.gifmmm.... maybe from time to time if you are vigilant and somebody lists a book very cheap... otherwise -- no. It is geared towards getting a top market value for high grade.

Click on the site and there is plenty of information concerning what you need toknow regarding how to bid, shipping costs etc.

Comiclink is one of those sites that is worthwhile checking out. Despite my differences with Josh, and the fact that I'd prefer to deal with other sources rather than him, the fact remains that there are many times books listed there that you want, so it's worth it to check them out. In a perfect world though, someone else would be running another site that dominated Comiclink, maybe that will happen for Pedigreecomics.com one day.

Just stumbled on Comiclink. Still trying to figure the site out, how to bid, how much shipping costs, etc..

Are there good deals to be had from this site?

For the most part, you will pay more for a book on comiclink than you would pay for the same book on ebay. Still, you're also guaranteed to receive your product, so there's that to consider.

I have generally used comiclink to purchase golden age material that doesn't come up that often. So, even if the price is high, you take it when and where you can. I've bought a couple of books on there that I definitely paid between $100 and $300 too much for ("too much" meaning I would likely lose money if I attempted to flip at this point in time). Still, I have on occasion got some good deals through their service, like this World's Finest for nearly $300 less than book.

RAD710B62004108_233511.jpg

I am registered with comic link, and i bid on a book, but it never came up as a bid. i never got any feedback as to whether it was accepted or not...anyone else have this problem?

Yes, I had a buddy bid three different times on a Creppy 32 that was up . Nothing. I gave up and it recently sold. 893censored-thumb.gif It was a really good deal too.

Just stumbled on Comiclink. Still trying to figure the site out, how to bid, how much shipping costs, etc..

Are there good deals to be had from this site?

I've bought a few books from Comiclink. Never had any problems yet. They are pricey, so if you are looking for strictly good deals, shop somewhere else. But, I find the trust factor there better than on Ebay. The only thing that bugs me about comiclink is the sticker they affix to the back of the slab advertising their site. It's like when you buy a new car and the dealer puts a sticker on the back bumper advertising their dealership. That really bothers me.

sorry for the sign-rantpost.gif

Casey

The only thing that bugs me about comiclink is the sticker they affix to the back of the slab advertising their site. It's like when you buy a new car and the dealer puts a sticker on the back bumper advertising their dealership. That really bothers me.

This is hilarious--I really feel the same way. I just had a conversation with Josh on this very matter this week and gave it the old college try. Unfortunately, their business process doesn't make it easy to avoid the sticker, but they are weak enough that you can remove it in about 3 minutes with some Goo Gone and good fingernail work. The sticker haters have been effectively represented. thumbsup2.gif

I'm planning on affixing my Sterling Comics stickers to consigned books destined to CL so they can get the point that removing stickers is a pain in the 893censored-thumb.gif Maybe they'll just leave it so I can get some free advertising. 27_laughing.gif

I'm all for them not placing their stickers on my property. sumo.gif

I bought this from Comiclink. Paid $540. One of those great books where all the defects are on the back cover. One of my favorite Actions!

action54.jpg

Jeff nice book but the it looks like the top edge was trimmed. confused.gif I hope it is not but get that book resubed because it sure does look like a 9.4 to me. Another case of old label grading being tougher than current standards.

Jeff nice book but the it looks like the top edge was trimmed. I hope it is not but get that book resubed because it sure does look like a 9.4 to me. Another case of old label grading being tougher than current standards.

I was going to say the same thing, the top edge does look trimmed.

Amen, Brother! thumbsup2.gif I''ve never understood why they do this. Thankfully, it is on the back of the slab but still. Thanks for the tip on the Goo Gone. I'll have to try it.

Well the reason is advertising. On a slab I just purchased? The car dealer analogy hit it dead on. What really frustrated me is that no one told me that it simply wasn't good enough to tell them "no stickers" because their process doesn't allow for deviation (ie no stickers). The call was sparked after getting more books with stickers (after telling them no thank you).

Tip on Goo Gone: it comes in a citris scent variety. After using it, take a wet paper towel and wipe off and let it air for a couple of days as the scent doesn't disappear easily. You should be able to get this at Wal Mart or similar store. A flat blade can help but be careful as this can scratch the holder.