• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

White/Frosty inner well border
1 1

10 posts in this topic

Looks to be the inner well seal; sometimes they are not clear when sealed leaving visible marks. I am more concerned with the bottom right corner, the inner well looks to be warped is the corner of the slab still sealed without cracks?

On 12/29/2023 at 4:46 AM, DougC said:

Looks to be the inner well seal; sometimes they are not clear when sealed leaving visible marks. I am more concerned with the bottom right corner, the inner well looks to be warped is the corner of the slab still sealed without cracks?

Now that you mention it, the bottom right corner does look like it's missing a piece. However it still looks sealed to me. I took more pictures and it does look warped like you said.

20231229_080351.jpg

20231229_080536.jpg

20231229_080413.jpg

holder looks fine; I was looking at the picks from my phone and the inner well looked warped but with closer pictures and my computer it looks ok.

image.png.854a30fa9bfb34e4cb4d98c9b3c73212.png

this is what I was originally concerned with; but on the side photo it is just bent. Standard QC failures.

Nice book (thumbsu

Edited by DougC

You're supposed to be able to see the weld. That's normal. 

But that particular weld looks very sloppy. At least it didn't damage the book, although we've seen many instances of it.

CGC - FIRE OR REASSIGN YOUR ENTIRE ENCAPSULATION DEPARTMENT!