• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE 2024 SKETCH COVER MEGA THREAD
7 7

246 posts in this topic

On 6/11/2024 at 6:04 PM, Ron C. said:

At some point, waiting for Terence Stamp should take a back seat to enjoying and adding Sarah Douglas and Jack O'Halloran. Kal-el by Ash Gonzales.

Superman Ash Combined 98.jpg

Absolutely!!

Two more from Ken Wheaton, both from Terrificon 2022.  Phil LaMarr was a guest at that year’s show, so I had Ken do a couple of sketches that I could get signed by Phil as well.  The first is Hermes from Futurama, and adding the brain slug was Ken’s idea.  On the Justice League cover, I could have gone with John Stewart Green Lantern, but I wanted to do something different.  Back in the day on the Adult Swim block on Cartoon Network, there was a show called Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law.  Phil did the voice of Black Vulcan, and one of the lines he used to say was, “Pure electricity…In my pants!”  So I had Ken do a Black Vulcan sketch, and Phil signed it with “In My Pants!”  Very happy with how both of these came out.

IMG_1681.jpeg

IMG_1707.jpeg