• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE 2024 SKETCH COVER MEGA THREAD
7 7

220 posts in this topic

On 5/19/2024 at 9:02 AM, Webhead2018 said:

Nice stuff that green label one you plan to get reslab with the new merger of jsa with cgc so it be yellow.

The plan with my green yellows is to get someone else to sign the back that way I save an additional trip to Florida. Then again, I like the concept of green being as it is a hulk blank.  

Ah ya I just curious still myself on the whole jsa labels vs the regular yellow labels. Asi really haven't read much. Is the jsa labels just witness labels or they witness and also verified labels?

Howdy fellow sketch fans!  Please check out this link for an opportunity to get sketches & / or remarques from artist Raymond Gay.

On 5/24/2024 at 8:58 AM, dbcn said:

these are great @Tony G 1000 ! did you give Ken direction, or just say go for it? 

Thanks!  On the Walking Dead blank, I specifically asked for a zombie Homer.  For the Infinity Gauntlet, I picked that blank and we discussed some ideas for different characters, and left the final decision up to him.  On the Avengers cover, that was all Ken.  I told him to do whatever he wanted on that one, and I didn’t want to know until it was finished.  I am very happy with how they all came out.

On 5/24/2024 at 9:08 AM, Webhead2018 said:

Ken a good dude he lives in my area and I see him around all the time. Yet to get a piece from him.

Yeah, Ken is great!  I’ve been lucky to meet him at several shows over the past few years.  Very easy to work with, cool guy to talk to.  I have several more sketch covers from him to show off.

Ya he is a great guy and I enjoy talking with him when I see him at a show. And the comic shop he helps out at here and there. But like I said I haven't pulled the trigger on getting stuff from him. He also helps run this nice comic vendor show in my region with this other guy. And that is a fun show. They try to do once or twice a year.