• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE 2024 SKETCH COVER MEGA THREAD
7 7

328 posts in this topic

On 7/23/2024 at 11:55 AM, dbcn said:

This looks great - @Ron C. I'm curious to see if you think the 9.0 is due to the sketch, or legit 9.0?

Grader's notes focused on ink marks on the back.

On 7/31/2024 at 5:42 PM, cgcsketcherz said:

Bought this piece as a bit of a celebration. I kept getting pings about a week ago from CGC and a email asking to contact. I at first thought there was an issue as I haven't submitted in eight months but I was humbled to find out that this is the first year the registry is doing awards for signature series custom sets and my Scooby Doo sketch cover collection won (and even happier about the grading credit)! I was also happy upon reading their award write up that they gave just as much kudos to the newer artist and not just gearing solely upon the established artist. 

First purchased Scooby related sketch cover of the year. I have a few on route from artists. This was the spark needed to rekindle the flame. I had thought minus a small number from my original master wishlist that I would be close to the end in having gotten what I thought would be needed to finish the collection. I rarely get the chance to visit bigger conventions which is why I really appreciate what facilitators do! Most of the artists who show up at my local shows have already been added to the Scooby list and I have been getting a lot of no replies when trying to reach out in emails from those that I really want from the master list.

This piece appeared on eBay a year ago and was on sale directly from the artist. They had a 1/2 off sale and when I put it in my watch list they almost instantly knocked off an additional amount so I pulled the trigger. Shaggy as Gambit by Chris Mcjunkin. 

Screen Shot 2024-07-31 at 6.19.40 PM.png

:x Well Deserved! Kudos! :cheers: 

On 8/1/2024 at 5:14 PM, Nino_013 said:

Started a Red Sonja PC side mission. Have had about half a dozen commissioned so far this year, but these the only ones that have made the cut.

JJ.RS.jpg

RW.RS.jpg

Very nice!

On 7/31/2024 at 5:42 PM, cgcsketcherz said:

Bought this piece as a bit of a celebration. I kept getting pings about a week ago from CGC and a email asking to contact. I at first thought there was an issue as I haven't submitted in eight months but I was humbled to find out that this is the first year the registry is doing awards for signature series custom sets and my Scooby Doo sketch cover collection won (and even happier about the grading credit)! I was also happy upon reading their award write up that they gave just as much kudos to the newer artist and not just gearing solely upon the established artist. 

First purchased Scooby related sketch cover of the year. I have a few on route from artists. This was the spark needed to rekindle the flame. I had thought minus a small number from my original master wishlist that I would be close to the end in having gotten what I thought would be needed to finish the collection. I rarely get the chance to visit bigger conventions which is why I really appreciate what facilitators do! Most of the artists who show up at my local shows have already been added to the Scooby list and I have been getting a lot of no replies when trying to reach out in emails from those that I really want from the master list.

This piece appeared on eBay a year ago and was on sale directly from the artist. They had a 1/2 off sale and when I put it in my watch list they almost instantly knocked off an additional amount so I pulled the trigger. Shaggy as Gambit by Chris Mcjunkin. 

Screen Shot 2024-07-31 at 6.19.40 PM.png

This is badass