• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Comics That Aren't on The GCD (at the Time of Posting) Because You're Too Lazy to Upload Them Yourself and Besides, AJD and OtherEric Will Likely Do it For You Anyway Thread
2 2

66 posts in this topic

lol

Fine, I'll add them since I have a little time on hand. I've just submitted Real Clue #5. The Brazilian FG is tricky - I think I know which series it is, but is there an issue number somewhere? (The scan metadata suggests #17 - is that right?)

Edit: also submitted Linda Lark, Lark, Laaaaark

On 1/6/2024 at 10:14 PM, AJD said:

I do not care much for it.

I just DM'd you another 50 scans. Can you get them up to GCD by Monday? And make sure the resolution stays the same this time. I wasn't that happy with the last batch.  :taptaptap: 

On 1/7/2024 at 2:44 PM, Point Five said:

I just DM'd you another 50 scans. Can you get them up to GCD by Monday? And make sure the resolution stays the same this time. I wasn't that happy with the last batch.  :taptaptap: 

I keep telling you that we'd get a better result if you just sent me the books instead of the scans. You'll get them back just as soon as the dog has finished digesting the baby chickens.

OK, so I've added the following UK comics to the GCD. They are pending approval but should be visible soon. I haven't touched the Marvel variants, and I don't intend to because I don't understand them well enough to avoid errors!

Linda Lark 2
Real Clue 5
Down with Crime 54
Looney Tunes 2
Katy Keene 52

edit: Impossibles annual added

On 1/5/2024 at 2:28 PM, FlyingDonut said:

DC metro area.

Ahh..my old stomping ground. I grew up in Springfield. Spent many a distracted hour in the Geppi's in the Crystal City Underground, or at various Jubilee Comic Conventions. :cloud9:

On 1/5/2024 at 2:28 PM, FlyingDonut said:

Feel free.

Thank you kindly. (thumbsu

On 1/8/2024 at 5:22 AM, AJD said:

These are (now?) on the GCD. #1-4 of that series are broken out separately.

I spotted that. I've noticed it happens fairly regularly. One of the irritating thing about the GCD is the lack of uniformity in some of the more obscure entries. I try to correct them when I notice them, but I don't always have the time. :juggle:

On 1/20/2024 at 4:56 PM, Yorick said:

One more tonight...

IMG_20231011_162250897.jpg

What's the series title for this one? I couldn't find 'True Secret Diary' or 'Romance picture stories' in the GCD.

Is the above Digest sized? Is it Australian? In the UK digests were 1/- for many years but I have seen 1/- Micron digests also with 1/3 or 1/6 prices. Of course the KG Murray/Atlas Supermans etc had different prices for the UK and Australia.

On 1/22/2024 at 3:49 AM, AJD said:

What's the series title for this one?

I thought it was True Secret Diary.  You want a pic of the indica?

On 1/22/2024 at 3:49 AM, AJD said:

I couldn't find 'True Secret Diary' or 'Romance picture stories' in the GCD.

Isn't that the point of the thread?  :baiting:

:foryou:

On 1/22/2024 at 8:32 AM, themagicrobot said:

Is the above Digest sized? Is it Australian? In the UK digests were 1/- for many years but I have seen 1/- Micron digests also with 1/3 or 1/6 prices. Of course the KG Murray/Atlas Supermans etc had different prices for the UK and Australia.

Digest, yes.  Australian, yes.

Jayar Studios by way of Gordon & Gotch Distributors.

On 1/23/2024 at 5:46 AM, Yorick said:

I thought it was True Secret Diary.  You want a pic of the indica?

Isn't that the point of the thread?  :baiting:

:foryou:

Well, yes. lol

But usually the series is there and the individual issue is missing. If you can be bothered, PM me the indicia and I'll get it added.

It appears Jayar is the name of the cover artist or packaging studio that produced/packaged content for a number of Australian publishers in the 1950s. Gordan and Gotch were/are? distributors of numerous periodicals. Regal was the publisher. It is on the GCD but without an image.

true.thumb.jpg.eda5593bb72c375f97ae072088c38003.jpg

https://ausreprints.net/issue/98327/0

https://www.comics.org/series/120520/