• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A superpower that would be lame to your kid-self but that your adult-self would love...
3 3

63 posts in this topic

On 1/21/2024 at 8:52 PM, 1Cool said:

The ability to go to bed and not get up at least once to go pee.

On 1/21/2024 at 8:55 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

And the ability to actually wee in the direction you're pointing :eek:

Yup. I’m at that age.

On 1/21/2024 at 2:47 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

The ability to not groan when you get up from rooting through a comic box on the floor. 

How about just getting up from a chair without groaning, wincing or having a knee pop...that would be nice.

On 1/21/2024 at 6:43 PM, s-man said:

How about just getting up from a chair without groaning, wincing or having a knee pop...that would be nice.

Thx ill try to enjoy the little youth i still have while i still can

On 1/22/2024 at 12:30 AM, valiantman said:

I don't remember who posted it, but "the power to manipulate probability" is the single greatest superpower, and not only would kids thinks it's lame, adults do, too

Scarlet Witch, I think? 

On 1/21/2024 at 6:36 PM, Ken Aldred said:
On 1/21/2024 at 6:30 PM, valiantman said:

I don't remember who posted it, but "the power to manipulate probability" is the single greatest superpower, and not only would kids thinks it's lame, adults do, too

Scarlet Witch, I think?

I guess, but she keeps getting stopped, so she must not have the power to hold the probability. hm

On 1/21/2024 at 4:30 PM, valiantman said:

I don't remember who posted it, but "the power to manipulate probability" is the single greatest superpower, and not only would kids thinks it's lame, adults do, too.

But think about it... if you had the ability to manipulate probability, you could make things than have a 0% chance of happening turn into 100%.

Do you want to go in a store and find no other customers but yourself? Odds are very low of that happening, but wait, no, the probability just went to 100%.

Do you want to sleep all night without getting up to go pee pee (as someone said earlier)... odds just went to 100%.

Don't forget the classic superpowers... what are the odds you can fly?  Well, it's now 100%.

What would be the odds of dying from multiple gunshots? Pretty high, right?  Nope, it just went to 0%.

What are the odds you could do anything you want and not be seen, even by video cameras?  Well, that's 100%, too.

The power to manipulate probability is the single greatest superpower and both kids and adults would think it (sounds) lame.

What are the odds you read this whole post? I'm going to go ahead and set that one at 20%.

Unfortunately, that's not how probabilities work, it's not all or nothing. Reality/dimensional manipulation perhaps where you could shunt yourself into another universe where the store is empty, or you didn't have to pee that night maybe.

On 1/21/2024 at 4:36 PM, Ken Aldred said:

Scarlet Witch, I think? 

She falls under the Reality manipulation banner.

Edited by Krydel4
Clarity

On 1/21/2024 at 3:52 PM, 1Cool said:

The ability to go to bed and not get up at least once to go pee.

We have a Winner I think

On 1/21/2024 at 5:36 PM, grendel013 said:

I like the ability to pull a 9.8 from a stack of 9.4s and 9.6s.

CGC must be full of Superheroes then...

Look Up in the Sky, It's a bird, It's a Plane. No... It's Stapled Acetate Man.😉

Edited by Krydel4
Clarity

On 1/21/2024 at 6:48 PM, Krydel4 said:
On 1/21/2024 at 6:30 PM, valiantman said:

I don't remember who posted it, but "the power to manipulate probability" is the single greatest superpower, and not only would kids thinks it's lame, adults do, too.

But think about it... if you had the ability to manipulate probability, you could make things than have a 0% chance of happening turn into 100%.

Do you want to go in a store and find no other customers but yourself? Odds are very low of that happening, but wait, no, the probability just went to 100%.

Do you want to sleep all night without getting up to go pee pee (as someone said earlier)... odds just went to 100%.

Don't forget the classic superpowers... what are the odds you can fly?  Well, it's now 100%.

What would be the odds of dying from multiple gunshots? Pretty high, right?  Nope, it just went to 0%.

What are the odds you could do anything you want and not be seen, even by video cameras?  Well, that's 100%, too.

The power to manipulate probability is the single greatest superpower and both kids and adults would think it (sounds) lame.

What are the odds you read this whole post? I'm going to go ahead and set that one at 20%.

Expand  

Unfortunately, that's not how probabilities work, it's not all or nothing. Reality/dimensional manipulation perhaps where you could shunt yourself into another universe where the store is empty, or you didn't have to pee that night maybe.

If your superpower is manipulating probabilities, then it's as all-or-nothing as you want it to be. Why would I set something to 72% if I want it to happen?

On 1/21/2024 at 8:20 PM, valiantman said:

If your superpower is manipulating probabilities, then it's as all-or-nothing as you want it to be. Why would I set something to 72% if I want it to happen?

That's why I said it was more reality warping like Scarlet Witch. Probability by its very nature is never a zero or one it is in between. But as a wise man once said it's impossible to put a Cadillac in your nose.

The ability to avoid all traffic jams, to not have to stand in an elevator full of people to reach the top floor and open any pickle jar with ease.

Seriously, Superman had it really easy :manhero: