• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My Westfield Comic Boxes...
12 12

197 posts in this topic

Thank you so much!  That's an interesting collecting niche of DCs that you have.  It's been so eye-opening for me to see the broad range of collector interests in the modern age... makes me feel good about the future of the hobby!  If you want to take the time to put together a list of DC highlights from that period, I'll be happy to post those books as I come across them.

As a quick update, I have received back another group of books from CGC but have been tied up a bit with work.  I should be back to posting more books some time next week.  See you soon!  

On 2/17/2024 at 5:15 PM, EastEnd1 said:

Thank you so much!  That's an interesting collecting niche of DCs that you have.  It's been so eye-opening for me to see the broad range of collector interests in the modern age... makes me feel good about the future of the hobby!  If you want to take the time to put together a list of DC highlights from that period, I'll be happy to post those books as I come across them.

As a quick update, I have received back another group of books from CGC but have been tied up a bit with work.  I should be back to posting more books some time next week.  See you soon!  

Here a few list of books who are especially famous and worthy. I also add my special appreciation to Scooby Doo, really popular charachter, logic... who dont like scooby? And a really low print serie with wonderful funny covers, always a good seller.

HARLEY QUEEN #1

WONDER WOMAN 184

Y THE LAST MAN #1 (Vertigo)

BATMAN #609

FLASH #197

HARLEY QUEEN #38

BATMAN #635

BATMAN #655

CATWOMAN #51

THE BOYS #1 (Wildstorm)

BATMAN #666

CATWOMAN #70

GOTHAM CITY SIRENS #1

POWER GIRL #1

DETECTIVE COMICS #880

POWER GIRL #27

ZATANNA #15

ZATANNA #16

On 2/18/2024 at 4:12 PM, BA773 said:

Here a few list of books who are especially famous and worthy. I also add my special appreciation to Scooby Doo, really popular charachter, logic... who dont like scooby? And a really low print serie with wonderful funny covers, always a good seller.

HARLEY QUEEN #1

WONDER WOMAN 184

Y THE LAST MAN #1 (Vertigo)

BATMAN #609

FLASH #197

HARLEY QUEEN #38

BATMAN #635

BATMAN #655

CATWOMAN #51

THE BOYS #1 (Wildstorm)

BATMAN #666

CATWOMAN #70

GOTHAM CITY SIRENS #1

POWER GIRL #1

DETECTIVE COMICS #880

POWER GIRL #27

ZATANNA #15

ZATANNA #16

Thank you!  Will keep an eye out for these...

Hi Folks!  Finally have some time here to post another box.  Last week I received another group of 20 books from CGC and am happy to report that all but one came back at 9.8.  So of the 40 books I've received back so far (there's another group sitting there for grading as we speak), 37 have gotten 9.8s.  Thanks again to Westfield for all that great packing!  

First up were two copies of The Supernaturals #1. This "halloweenish" four issue mini-series featured some great Brian Pulido inspired Jim Balent covers, and each issue had one of five character mask cut-outs at the centerfold.  The book sold for big bucks last year but the most recent sale was far more earthly.  Anyone know any reason for the run-up and collapse?

dec 1998 3.jpg

Sometimes Westfield even commissioned their own variant cover comics.  This is an example... Avengers Forever #1 with a great Kang the Conqueror cover that was far superior to the regular edition.  There were two of these in the box...

dec 1998 6.jpg

dec 1998 6b.jpg

dec 1998 6ba.jpg

I was a big fan of Garth Ennis's work... dark, violent and complex.  I remember first noticing his work in Hellblazer and then followed him over to his own Vertigo creation, Preacher.  What a ride that series was... kind of an over-the-top Hellblazer with a heavy dose of macabre adult themes... truly ground-breaking and controversial work at the time... maybe even still to this day!  This sado-masochistic Glenn Fabry cover from the December 1998 issue is a classic example...         

dec 1998 7.jpg

Edited by EastEnd1

On 2/25/2024 at 9:00 PM, fastballspecial said:

Amazing so many graded so high. I thought for sure you were screwed on the Ultimate Spider-man 1 from the 
first pic.

I thought the same with fingerbends. Still sounds like a worthy thread. The start of say 1997 up to about 2014 is when I didn't think too much of comics nor see a lot of them. This thread could be very informative for me, not having read probably countless threads form the boards during that time. 😂 

We have the Spawn thread as well, and this is a bit everyman that I'll enjoy too. :)