• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Action Comics #41
1 1

7 posts in this topic

I can't say if it's trimmed or not as I don't deal with those kind of restoration attempts. Plus it's hard to tell under ideal conditions. What you should look for is edges that look sharper than others and/or misalignment. Something that seems too perfect would be a red flag. That said, production quality was not high back then, so it's equally likely to be the culprit. A trimmed book would receive a purple label, but the overall grade is dictated by the book itself. There's a lot going on here. This looks like a 1.8/2.0 to my eye, but it doesn't take long to find GA books with grades higher than appearance would initially suggest. The older books seem to get a bigger discount when it comes to age-related defects.

I don't see after-production trimming.  Everything looks as it should.

It's pretty ugly on those outside edges, but the interiors look pretty nice.  If it still has good structure, it may achieve a 2.5.  That top staple looks like it's ready to pop.  Handle carefully.

I think 2.0 is more likely than anything else, though 1.8 seems possible. And that looks like a production cut to me rather than a trim job.

:gossip: You have Action 41 in the thread title

On 2/1/2024 at 10:18 PM, AJD said:

I think 2.0 is more likely than anything else, though 1.8 seems possible. And that looks like a production cut to me rather than a trim job.

:gossip: You have Action 41 in the thread title

Hi - Thank you!   :manhero:     Yes true I noticed that I accidentally posted Action Comics #41

Edited by SuperBat5000