• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Date received vs actual date received
1 1

7 posts in this topic

I sent in a bulk order last week after going through my storage and I wanted to make sure it was received before my renewal since I wanted to make sure I got that $150 credit. I knew the timing was close but I’ve become handicapped I’m in a wheelchair and I no longer drive and it’s not easy to find someone to take my big wheelchair and get me to the post office …..anyhow according to the post office it was picked up January 26 at 2:41 PM. I paid extra to make sure it got there before February 1 - my renewal date.  Originally your site stated before that February 1 it had been received and would be listed in the submissions once it was scanned.  Now when I look to see my submissions it says it was received February 2 which just happens to be the day after my renewal…. it was not received on that date. You scanned it in to the system that date, which is different than when it was received. Can you please check into this I do not want to lose out on the credit for grading of my cards from last year.  I’m not a store or a shop I sent in a large amount of cards due to the fact that I would have that discount.    USPS # 9505826525774024959011.

Lynda

• Administrator

Hello @katldog

Thank you for reaching out to us. Once delivered every order moves into an intake process and during this process we take inventory and complete administrative tasks necessary to process your order. Once the intake process is complete, your submission will be trackable online. This usually takes about 5 to 10 business days but it will be shorter for higher declared value tiers. I see that we recently completed intake for a bulk order of 36 cards. 

You can confirm the delivery of packages for orders that have been delivered but are not trackable yet here: https://www.cgccards.com/account/my-submissions/.

Just search the shipment tracking in the "Confirm Package Delivery" field. 

If you have any other questions, please let us know. 

TY but the main question was about my being eligible for the $150 discount from last year's membership??  According to your post, my cards were listed as received one day after my 2024 membership was due??   Am I out that $150.00??  I know not your problem but at 75 on Soc Sec I would not have sent that amount of cards at one time if not.  I am finally going through my storage from when my deceased hubby and I did card shows.,..its been 18 years since then,  I am doing the cards for nephews and one grandchild and that $150 is really why I joined CGC after so many years.  Scary as I have quite a few more cards to send for the next few years

Edited by katldog
needed to add info

• Administrator

Hello @katldog, thank you for contacting us. With the way our system works, the order must be received into the system before your credit expires. The credit cannot be back applied at this time. With this in mind, I am going to go ahead and extend your 2023 credit as a courtesy, however, it is not able to be applied to the current order in the system. It will apply to the next order you will send in though. We hope this helps!

Please let us know if you need help with anything else. Thank you!

OK tell her we old and confused. So you’re saying that you’re extending my 2023 but it’s not going to apply to the 36 cards that I sent in and then I’m gonna be charged the full fee? I already renewed so I’m not sure what the extension is going to do for me I renewed for 2024. I have to say that there’s nowhere on the website that it states, how cards will be listed as received according to my records it took seven days for you to list my cards as received. It does not say anywhere on the website that it could take one to two weeks for cards to be listed as received I mean you excepted them on the 26th by picking them up at the post office so please explain to me exactly how , I lost that credit like I said I’m old and confused 

Home poke I’m not sure yet if it is great customer service perhaps it’s just the way. My brain works, but it is an assumption that an item would be received on the day it actually was received not on the day, a week later, that it was scanned into the system and if that is how it works and it needs to be posted somewhere on the website, losing that 150 is immense to me I never would have submitted 36 cards the only way I could afford to do so was because of the $150 credit being offered on a yearly basis