• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When the BACK Cover is BETTER than the FRONT Cover
1 1

42 posts in this topic

On 2/9/2024 at 2:15 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

4837769_Full_Obv.jpg

4837769_Full_Rev.jpg

I get it, since it's an early color appearance of TMNT, but I still prefer the front cover on this one, as the artist (Peter Poplaski, I think) did a pretty good job of mimicking 6 different art styles.

On 2/10/2024 at 6:36 PM, jdandns said:

I get it, since it's an early color appearance of TMNT, but I still prefer the front cover on this one, as the artist (Peter Poplaski, I think) did a pretty good job of mimicking 6 different art styles.

For the time even the title "new age" fit the bill for the art, or imo for retrospective. It now always reminds me of what I think the art to the last few issues of X-force are or similarly, a unique style that wasn't as prolonged as say the New X-Men Grant Morrison run. It all hits me kind of the same, but I think it is the coloring more for me rather than the ink or drawing, just that kind of pastel palette.

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 2/10/2024 at 12:36 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

kinda again

GetImage.aspx?c=5414726&t=Full&f=Obv&cb=Mi8xMC8yMDI0IDEyOjM1OjUxIFBNGetImage.aspx?c=5414726&t=Full&f=Rev&cb=Mi8xMC8yMDI0IDEyOjM1OjUxIFBN

greta-how-dare-you.gif.21b0182edb425808229c5c021335368b.gif

Not to take away from Sakai, but Dooney's covers on issues 46 and 47 are incredible and I won't have you besmirching them.  I demand satisfaction!

On 2/11/2024 at 4:47 PM, Turtle said:

Not to take away from Sakai, but Dooney's covers on issues 46 and 47 are incredible and I won't have you besmirching them.  I demand satisfaction!

Ha ha lol a lot of those I tried to say kinda, some more than others lol

:cheers:

While the front cover to the Raphael 1-shot (1st appearance of Casey Jones) is classic in its own right, the back cover has always been more appealing to me.

RaphFC.jpg.94b08f968973633951899fb7acf7de6f.jpgRaphBC.jpg.722c71ed414ff2bfe44f7e1ad4a6141b.jpg

On 2/11/2024 at 4:52 PM, Turtle said:

While the front cover to the Raphael 1-shot (1st appearance of Casey Jones) is classic in its own right, the back cover has always been more appealing to me.

RaphFC.jpg.94b08f968973633951899fb7acf7de6f.jpgRaphBC.jpg.722c71ed414ff2bfe44f7e1ad4a6141b.jpg

I was tempted but even I drew back at that one lol. :whatthe:

The cover reminds me too much of the 1st movie , but was tempted with the back cover action!

I now feel justified! #47 isn't a bad cover, just happened the back cover had more impact for some reason. The cover is a classic all the same though. :)

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 2/11/2024 at 5:52 PM, Turtle said:

On 2/11/2024 at 6:02 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I was tempted but even I drew back at that one lol. :whatthe:

The cover reminds me too much of the 1st movie , but was tempted with the back cover action!

I now feel justified! #47 isn't a bad cover, just happened the back cover had more impact for some reason. The cover is a classic all the same though. :)

I ALMOST included this as a third example in my original post but I couldn't pull the trigger.

On 2/11/2024 at 6:28 PM, grendel013 said:

I ALMOST included this as a third example in my original post but I couldn't pull the trigger.

To be fair, I'm going through the registry giving "cool", ahem, back cover pics. I've been told it livens up the joint. 25 of which I've designated the back cover to leave as the comics back cover because they're "special." #47 and Raphael being some of the special ones.

My back cover pics of actual comic backings are slimming down, but I "think" it looks better.

Tank girl and etc are special enough, in one of my posts, to leave as is lol so it's all got to count for something!  :makepoint:

:roflmao:

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 2/11/2024 at 7:39 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

To be fair, I'm going through the registry giving "cool", ahem, back cover pics. I've been told it livens up the joint. 25 of which I've designated the back cover to leave as the comics back cover because they're "special." #47 and Raphael being some of the special ones.

My back cover pics of actual comic backings are slimming down, but I "think" it looks better.

Tank girl and etc are special enough, in one of my posts, to leave as is lol so it's all got to count for something!  :makepoint:

:roflmao:

I especially like how Shaft made his way to the second slot on your Hero for Hire #1.:banana:

On 2/11/2024 at 7:33 PM, grendel013 said:

I especially like how Shaft made his way to the second slot on your Hero for Hire #1.:banana:

He's the man with the plan! Lol

There are still are about 10 prescreen passes I haven't used, but NO "related comics!"

Some are a stretch I'll admit. Like ASM #134 and #135 about Parker and Mary Jane out on a date across the bay, so I put a romantic comedy prescreen pass. Or similarly ASM 162 with the Punisher on the loose in New York so escape from New York DVD.

A while back I only had the prescreen titles for what was specifically comic related, like Spidey Far from Home or Antman etc.

I try not to make it too much of a stretch 😕😞

They really need a feedback section. :roflmao:

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

is nobody going to post Moon Knight 28? You know, the one with the pencil sketch of what is supposed to be a wolf, but is clearly a fox?  I mean, Sienkiewicz is a genius but that has bothered me for a while now. Honestly, as far as wolf drawings go, it's the best fox you're likely to ever come across

On 2/14/2024 at 3:43 PM, Sal said:

is nobody going to post Moon Knight 28? You know, the one with the pencil sketch of what is supposed to be a wolf, but is clearly a fox?  I mean, Sienkiewicz is a genius but that has bothered me for a while now. Honestly, as far as wolf drawings go, it's the best fox you're likely to ever come across

image_back-0g96oezC.jpg