• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2024 CGC Grading Contest Season 3 Winter Edition (#9) Tiebreaker round
3 3

39 posts in this topic

On 2/14/2024 at 7:41 AM, Get Marwood & I said:

AJD decides to take a mature, conciliatory approach in his 'England vs Australia' quarterly contest face time message to Marwood...

lKBxndt.gif.cab66892d9c6d19fc9e37ab0fd05e7ca.gif

Marwood takes his bat and heads for home in a sulk. Meanwhile... (sorry non Commonwealth folk, but Marwood will get it)

Extraordinary Bairstow stumping ignites final day of Ashes epic

• Administrator

Sorry for the delay, guys.  My father was flying down from Vermont for a week.  There were several delays.  By the time I got back home, it was way too late for to do the reveal and results.  Anyhow, they are coming up in a few...

• Administrator

Feature Comics #107

Light staining to cover

Light silverfish damage right top back cover

Small, multiple printer tears top back cover

Multiple rust stains right back cover

Multiple creases left bottom back cover

Staple wear

SSWS #84

Moderate wear all corners of cover

Wear spine breaks color

Multiple crease front cover breaks color

DC 100 Page #4

Scuff bottom of spine

Light creasing to cover

Finger bends on cover

• Administrator

Superman2006  7.0  2.5  5.5  6 points

pastandpresentcomics  8.0  4.0  6.0  4 points

Ride the Tiger  7.5  4.5  5.5  5 points 

1st place  @pastandpresentcomics

2nd place  @Ride the Tiger

3rd place  @Superman2006

Congratulations to the 3 top place participants!  :applause:  I will be contacting you all in separate PM's regarding the prizes.  

Congrats to @TheGeneral , @jbpez and @Superman2006

I see you and your multiple wins....what be the secrets of your ways??? From what I can gather, the three of you have been here a minute, thus have been involved in comics for a long while and thus prove my point that ya can't beat experience in this game

Edited by comicginger1789

• Administrator

pastandpresentcomics pointed out that I gave him a 6.5 in my results post instead the 6.0 grade he gave the last book.  He still has 4 points and is the first place winner, but I thought I would let everyone know that I made a clerical error which I have edited.  

On 2/14/2024 at 6:32 PM, CGC Mike said:

pastandpresentcomics pointed out that I gave him a 6.5 in my results post instead the 6.0 grade he gave the last book.  He still has 4 points and is the first place winner, but I thought I would let everyone know that I made a clerical error which I have edited.  

Get some rest Mike...lol.  Wish you the best.  All good...CGC love to all.  And CONGRATS to the winnahs! ^^

On 2/14/2024 at 10:29 PM, JollyComics said:

Damn. I guessed all 3 books 7.0, 4.0 and 6.0  - 2 points.

Oh well.  Congrats to 3 winners!!!

You did much better than me (I did okay on the first book but was off on the other two). I can see where I might have been a bit off now, but those tie-breaker books will be giving me nightmares for years to come. I usually score around a 20 on every contest +/- 4 points, but I'll probably get like a 50 on the next one lol

Edited by Superman2006