• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When moderators attack.
2 2

13 posts in this topic

What can one do when a forum moderator attacks you for something?  He accuses me publicly and then doesn't give me a chance to respond.   He warns me to stay away from a poster, and the record will show I didn't interact with him for months until he came into an existing thread to hijack it. He then takes one quote without looking at its content and bans me.  He misquoted me the last time it happened, and when I compared what I actually said to the trimmed quote he posted, he ignored it. 

I suspect this has more to do with my posts on the multiple CGC scandals than anything else.

Edited by shadroch

I've been here twenty years, and the recent events have really caused me to wonder why I bother.   I asked why my quote was trimmed in private and got no response. I started a thread to ask why and was told I'm a bully who hounds a poster who I have not interacted with in months until he came into a thread we were all having fun with.  A quick search seems to show I haven't interacted with that poster in six months, but that isn't the impression you'd get from the moderators response.  He calls me a bully and then closes the thread without allowing any defense. 

I suspect my time here is limited, which is a shame because once we had a real sense of family and community.  This board helped me rekindle my then-fading love and comics, and was there for me through two very difficult times in my life. 

Edited by shadroch

On 2/26/2024 at 8:38 AM, shadroch said:

Words..

There are no "rules" for moderation, once you receive a suspension from a sub-forum it will likely become permanent. Any deleted posts are hard deleted and will not show up under the correct sub-forum (under moderation), the record of your suspension will also not be logged (in the same forum), and you will be ignored. 

I speak from experience due to angering a mod; it is what it is and eventually the emperor will lose his cloths.

On 2/26/2024 at 9:49 AM, shadroch said:

I've been here twenty years, and the recent events have really caused me to wonder why I bother.   I asked why my quote was trimmed in private and got no response. I started a thread to ask why and was told I'm a bully who hounds a poster who I have not interacted with in months until he came into a thread we were all having fun with.  A quick search seems to show I haven't interacted with that poster in six months, but that isn't the impression you'd get from the moderators response.  He calls me a bully and then closes the thread without allowing any defense. 

I suspect my time here is limited, which is a shame because once we had a real sense of family and community.  This board helped me rekindle my then-fading love and comics, and was there for me through two very difficult times in my life. 

As a good friend of mine once put it: "Sometimes it's better to just sit there and keep your mouth shut..."  :whistle:

On 2/26/2024 at 11:51 AM, The Lions Den said:

As a good friend of mine once put it: "Sometimes it's better to just sit there and keep your mouth shut..."  :whistle:

stewie.jpg

• Administrator
On 2/26/2024 at 9:38 AM, shadroch said:

What can one do when a forum moderator attacks you for something?  He accuses me publicly and then doesn't give me a chance to respond.   He warns me to stay away from a poster, and the record will show I didn't interact with him for months until he came into an existing thread to hijack it. He then takes one quote without looking at its content and bans me.  He misquoted me the last time it happened, and when I compared what I actually said to the trimmed quote he posted, he ignored it. 

I suspect this has more to do with my posts on the multiple CGC scandals than anything else.

You were banned from 1 thread, and were given a reason why.  There was no follow up from you after my post.  If you start a 3rd thread regarding this in the wrong forum, you will be banned from comics general for a year.