• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent CGC PULP purchases.
4 4

62 posts in this topic

On 3/12/2024 at 2:37 PM, Paul © ® 💙™ said:

Here is my first one.....

trgetg.jpg

Just wanted to comment on the actual slab.

This just arrived, it's robust and substantial and heavy. It's an inch thick and so quite easy to see why CGC waited until they had the logistics sorted out for slabbing pulps.

All I can say is that anyone planning on an abundant collection of encapsulated pulps is going to need a lot of room at their disposal.

It's a monster!

On 3/26/2024 at 6:30 AM, Paul © ® 💙™ said:

Just wanted to comment on the actual slab.

This just arrived, it's robust and substantial and heavy. It's an inch thick and so quite easy to see why CGC waited until they had the logistics sorted out for slabbing pulps.

All I can say is that anyone planning on an abundant collection of encapsulated pulps is going to need a lot of room at their disposal.

It's a monster!

I plan to get a handful graded but storage has gotton to be an issue for me. Unslabbed pulps take up a lot more room than comics already…

On 3/27/2024 at 2:24 PM, Robot Man said:

I plan to get a handful graded but storage has gotton to be an issue for me. Unslabbed pulps take up a lot more room than comics already…

Yeah. I'm going to be leaning toward raw more now. I downsized years ago when my kids grew up. I just don't have the room or space for lots of slabs. I've felt like this for years about comic book slabs which I keep purposely low...but these pulps are big mofos. 

On 3/16/2024 at 12:05 PM, Paul © ® 💙™ said:

Latest pulpy....love this.  :cloud9:

tgrg.jpg

rtgrgr.jpg

:frustrated: ... I missed out by 5 minutes getting a really nice copy of this at my local flea market last year.  This dealer had a box of Railroad Magazine and Railroad Stories for $3.00 each and I saw someone grabbed it right before I got to the table.  I bought the whole box but yeah, missing that great deal, certainly stung a bit.

Edited by Hibou

On 4/13/2024 at 11:46 PM, Ricksneatstuff said:

IMG_7456.jpeg

I noticed that one at Heritage in the April Signature Auction, a cover I'd never really seen before.  I was shocked at the hammer *cough*, but that's a total specimen and absolute stunner.

I love that she's not giving the look of terror typical of the damsel in distress on pulp covers.  She looking right into your eyes - it's complicated.

Will be looking for this one "in the wild."

Edited by Darwination

On 3/19/2024 at 6:25 PM, waaaghboss said:

Just be careful if you're new to pulps and do some research on price history.  Some shady sellers are hopping on the bandwagon to try and take advantage of new pulp buyers.   This, for example, is a $50 book in this condition.

Screenshot_20240319_112327.thumb.jpg.2f22e77553b9f0d5764b097bbad44467.jpg

This book sold for less than a third of that price. I know because I bought it a few days ago. I can only assume two things.

1. That you are correct and the seller was trying it on, on IG or wherever....I don't know because I never use that platform.

OR

2. That the seller you quote did not own the book and had merely stolen the scan.

If it is the seller who sold it to me, then he obviously had a massive shift of mind and decided to be sensible.