• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this a legit cgc case ? Star wars #1 35 cent variant and Ironman Sub Mariner #1
6 6

42 posts in this topic

Comparing them to a 9.6 and a 9.4 from my collection, I would say they look funky to me - the numbers are too wide to my eye

Those do not appear legitimate.

The Star Wars book title text is kerned (letter spacing) way too wide for a typical label (below is a screen cap from HA):

ScreenShot2024-03-14at9_39_04AM.png.5c726e2160bd94d73e3186255ec63a8a.png

The IMSM has a lot of font substitutions, and also does not have the proper kerning.

I won't speculate what might be going on, but those labels are not correctly formatted to typical CGC labels.

Pulled this image off gocollect for the Iron Man/Sub-Mariner slab. Dec 2022 ebay sale. Font definitely looks different but possible reslab? Edit: slab looks off (in grendelbo's pics). 

image.png.43297b8d7a3b21ed2a06bbef906033e1.png

Edited by flchris

I almost thought it was the camera lens but no @CGC Mike

If you look at the inner circle of the number "6" it is wider and etc. 

With no further explanation of if these are sealed and with cert numbers matching as well, this is alarming

I don't think anything about those is authentic. 

The CGC labels are clearly counterfeit. I'm pretty sure the hologram security labels are too. I believe the cases are not CGC cases but some generic equivalent. I also don't think the books are real. I suspect those are reproduction covers, probably stapled to blank pages or to some valueless book with its cover torn off.