• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

towards a new record price for JLA #1?!
4 4

29 posts in this topic

On 3/19/2024 at 10:28 AM, godzilla43 said:

I dunno. I say over. Anyways I don't think record price for top census for this book would raise the value of the lesser copies. Early DC silver in high grade is rare.

I was right. What did I win? :banana:

On 4/4/2024 at 12:11 PM, Hepcat said:

$348,000?!

O.o

Who was that again who was belly aching about comic prices having fallen?

(shrug)

90% of the comic collecting community, because they keep comparing to pandemic pricing and not pre-pandemic, which is comparing apples to oranges but hey it's fitting everyone's narrative of the sky is falling.

On 4/4/2024 at 4:57 PM, LordRahl said:

90% of the comic collecting community....

No. It's not the hardcore collectors who are doing the belly aching. Collectors don't like high prices because it makes adding to their collections more expensive and thus more difficult.

:preach:

Edited by Hepcat

I've bid several times on Heritage, but today was the first time I ever tuned into the live auction, on a lark, right when they were doing the Action Comics #1.  $6 mil, after premium, pretty sure that's an all time record, though the auctioneer didn't comment.  Was cool to watch it though.  Anyway, I got outbid on everything I bid on.