• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM - Secret Wars #8
3 3

15 posts in this topic

9.4-9.6. The wrinkles look pressable - but the top-right margin shows a little white along the edge? Sweet book! If you're lucky and the top right becomes like new you have an outside shot at a 9.8 in my opinion since the spine tick is very small.

Before press - 9.2-9.4 (80% chance) 9.6 (20%)

After press 9.4 (15% Depends on how the edges look) 9.6 (70%) 9.8 (15%)

Posted (edited)
On 3/22/2024 at 9:03 AM, aj_curated said:

9.4-9.6. The wrinkles look pressable - but the top-right margin shows a little white along the edge? Sweet book! If you're lucky and the top right becomes like new you have an outside shot at a 9.8 in my opinion since the spine tick is very small.

Before press - 9.2-9.4 (80% chance) 9.6 (20%)

After press 9.4 (15% Depends on how the edges look) 9.6 (70%) 9.8 (15%)

Thank you for your feedback, if I am thinking of the same white on the edge you are then that's a reflection.  I plan on adding CGC's pressing services when I submit this book, an ASM252, Crisis 7, and Web1 next week.  This will be my first submission. 🤞

Edited by Billy Bones

On 3/22/2024 at 3:03 PM, Billy Bones said:

Thank you for your feedback, if I am thinking of the same white on the edge you are then that's a reflection.  I plan on adding CGC's pressing services when I submit this book, an ASM252, Crisis 7, and Web1 next week.  This will be my first submission. 🤞

Don't use CGC's pressing and cleaning - from everything I have seen they do an overall lackluster/horrible job - find the best guy in your area and use him. Best of luck on your fist Sub!

It is worth it to have a job well done instead of going with CGC for cleaning/pressing. Look up YouTube videos of pressers talking about CGC's job. 

That is my two cents anyways.

On 3/22/2024 at 1:20 PM, aj_curated said:

Don't use CGC's pressing and cleaning - from everything I have seen they do an overall lackluster/horrible job - find the best guy in your area and use him. Best of luck on your fist Sub!

It is worth it to have a job well done instead of going with CGC for cleaning/pressing. Look up YouTube videos of pressers talking about CGC's job. 

Thank you for the advice, I'll look elsewhere for pressing services.  Bummer though, I was hoping CGC would be a one stop kind of deal.

On 3/22/2024 at 4:20 PM, aj_curated said:

I completely agree.  Beyond the quality of the work (I’ve had good and not impressive from CGC) you don’t get to consult with the person working on your book before-hand and you don’t get to see the results before it’s graded.  
Those two things make all the difference to me.

You don’t necessarily have to find someone local.  There are several ppl who accept books by mail and will send it through to CGC for you under their or your account