• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Certified Collectibles Group to Acquire James Spence Authentication
13 13

437 posts in this topic

On 6/13/2024 at 8:38 PM, CGC Mike said:

Hi

I do not know the answer to this question.  So, my instructions are to refer you to customer service.  You can either call, e-mail, text, or start a thread in the Ask CGC section.

Mike

It WOULD be nice if customer service was consistent with their answers.  Fact of the matter is that all customer service is REMOTELY from home..no one works at the office anymore and there's no direct line of contact.

They can't even email you back properly.

• Administrator
On 6/14/2024 at 11:36 AM, A-DONIS said:

It WOULD be nice if customer service was consistent with their answers.  Fact of the matter is that all customer service is REMOTELY from home..no one works at the office anymore and there's no direct line of contact.

Actually, our customer service is very well trained, and highly competent.  They can be reached by e-mail, phone, text or the Ask CGC forum.  Your post is out of line.  If this continues, I will ban you from this topic.  

On 6/14/2024 at 11:36 AM, A-DONIS said:

I've had my share of issues with CGC.  Customer service is definitely not one of them.

On 6/14/2024 at 12:32 PM, Sigur Ros said:

I've had my share of issues with CGC.  Customer service is definitely not one of them.

Same. 

The AskCGC topic is reasonably quick to respond (looks like they check it maybe daily?) and while I've had slow responses via email, texting the customer service number has been reliable and quick to get somebody on the other end, and effective to resolve or get info on any issues I'm having.

On 6/14/2024 at 10:22 AM, A-DONIS said:

It's not that hard to spot fakes.

That seems incredibly simplistic. Who exactly is trained to analyze sketches and determine if they are fake? My guess is this will get the rubber stamp treatment. 

On 6/14/2024 at 2:37 PM, wombat said:

That seems incredibly simplistic. Who exactly is trained to analyze sketches and determine if they are fake? My guess is this will get the rubber stamp treatment. 

Those who collect sketches and have done so for over 20 years?????

On 6/14/2024 at 2:37 PM, wombat said:

I assume they will analyze the sig and, provided it passes their authentication, they'll rubber stamp the related sketch, as you suggest.

On 6/14/2024 at 10:36 AM, A-DONIS said:

Do not criticize authority or you will be banned....naughty, naughty.:devil:

Nothing to see here, inconsistent answers on the forums are just your imagination and pointing them out is very mean.

Never had an issue with CGC Customer Service in the instances that I have had to contact them.  They have been warm and polite and always courteous to people that realize that there are things that they can immediately do and things that they cannot.

I would guess that people that want to take out their issues on an unsuspecting person who picks up the phone and blame that individual for problems outside of their control would get a different experience. 

On 6/14/2024 at 7:27 PM, DougC said:

Do not criticize authority or you will be banned....naughty, naughty.:devil:

Nothing to see here, inconsistent answers on the forums are just your imagination and pointing them out is very mean.

Oh buddy..it's bad now 

On 5/17/2024 at 11:13 AM, MattM CS said:

Correct. The JSA service can be conbined with other books that are not receiving this service. The JSA authentication fee will still apply but the packing slip may show a different price than the actual grouping of the submission. Thanks for checking! 

I sent in another for JSA authentication, but this time they didn't refund me and group it in with the other Moderns I sent in---I did them all together but I still didn't see a way to combine them when I submit them? 

On 6/14/2024 at 2:40 PM, A-DONIS said:

Those who collect sketches and have done so for over 20 years?????

Are you one of those people ?