• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bits of broken plastic inside CGC case.
2 2

11 posts in this topic

Unfortunately I was out of state when this package was delivered. By the time I got home, opened the package, and discovered the broken pieces of plastic inside the case, more than two weeks had passed. So I get to ship it back to CGC to get this problem corrected and I get to pay for it. More that $60.00 out of my pocket to pay for their screw-up. Not happy.

For future reference, I believe you can get CGC to hold your shipments if you are going to be out of town when they are likely to ship.  But it's definitely important to inspect your slabs for potential issues when they arrive.

image.png.3853da9c2891905d5e3202ae63a0e101.png

I once received a case with a bit of broken comic book in it. :wink:

Bad joke aside, as others have posted, I have had numerous ME because of a plastic piece, or pieces, in a case.

On 4/3/2024 at 1:28 PM, Joel0109 said:

Unfortunately I was out of state when this package was delivered. By the time I got home, opened the package, and discovered the broken pieces of plastic inside the case, more than two weeks had passed. So I get to ship it back to CGC to get this problem corrected and I get to pay for it. More that $60.00 out of my pocket to pay for their screw-up. Not happy.

20+ years to reach a horrible level of quality control and craptastic customer service policies.

Good job, CGC ! ! !

On 4/3/2024 at 11:51 PM, Domo Arigato said:

20+ years to reach a horrible level of quality control and craptastic customer service policies.

Good job, CGC ! ! !

I recently sent in my copy of Amazing Spider-man CGC 9.6 for a re-holder, order #: CGC9397312633. Unfortunately I was out of state when the comic was returned to me in it's new holder. By the time I got home, opened the package, and discovered that there was broken pieces of plastic inside the new holder, more than two weeks had passed. So I shipped it back to CGC for a second time, order #:CGC9411751066 to get this problem corrected, but since two weeks have passed, I get to pay for it. More that $60.00 out of my pocket to pay for your screw-up. Not happy.