• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ed Piskor Has Passed
5 5

307 posts in this topic

On 4/3/2024 at 4:45 AM, jimjum12 said:

Is that fouling your narrative up? A 17 year old girl, who chooses to interact with adults on the internet without parental supervision, cannot still, simultaneously , claim some sort of innocent waif status, and then play the victim, without a little more than the verification from some social worker of questionable skill sets. Grooming? WTF is that? Did he comb her hair? I get all the rage against pedophilia, but I'm sorry, a grown man "hitting" on a near adult who sought him out in the first place, should not be facing a prison offence, nor should he be labeled a pedophile, when many, many societies allow marriage at that age. He never even touched her, nor tried to. I'm all for consequences, but I don't support a bunch of lynch mob, scarlet letter dolts trying to get a rise out of hurting people. Was it inappropriate? Possibly, that depends upon intent. Could it possibly have been some good natured flirting that got a little out of hand? What did this gal think was going to happen to him? Did she ask him to stop? Did she block him? I'm not so sure about just how much of a victim she actually was.... yet Ed was treated as if he had dragged a 7 year old out into the underbrush and sodomized them, which is Not OK ... over-reaction should not be a necessary evil, or the cost of doing business. Seems to me like Ed may have been the victim too.

On 4/3/2024 at 2:17 AM, BrashL said:

"Always try to be nice, but never fail to be kind"

You never really know what most people are going through. I try to live by that phrase and fall down much more than I'd like to admit but if we could all just treat each other kindly what a world we would live in.

I agree with that paradigm, even though it's tragically delusional in this world, opposed by so many without remorse or conscience.

Pragmatic nihilism, on my part.  But, you try your best, in isolation, despite that.

As someone who never purchased or read anything from Ed Piskor, but who has experienced depression to the point of needing treatment, I feel sorry he felt so alone in that moment.
Just make sure to check in with your friends and hug your homies.

"The rate for males was 22.8 and 5.7 for females in 2021.
The number of suicides for males in 2022 was 2% higher than the 38,358 deaths in 2021. For females, the 2022 number rose 4% from 9,825 deaths in 2021."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/graphics/2023/11/29/2022-suicide-rate-historical-chart-comparison-graphic/71737857007

On 4/3/2024 at 4:28 PM, Ken Aldred said:

The 'get over' comment is irritating in the extreme, I agree. Regardless of the nature of a disability, physical or psychiatric - leave guilting out of it, if you wouldn't mind. 

Some people are insensitive clods, and they were likely born that way. Mom hated her meds, felt they robbed her of her spontaneity and vibrancy, but it kept the madness at bay. It's an imperfect discipline, but often necessary just to function. Hang in there, brother, more people love you than you realize. GOD BLESS ...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

On 4/3/2024 at 5:43 AM, D2 said:

I am happy we are talking about this, because it needs to be talked about.

I'm not necessarily sure it does help to talk about it. (Though I do admit to liking some of these posts, which I guess makes me a hypocrite). People are making assumptions without knowing all the details. What is the point? 

David Bowie said that the internet could be the best thing to happen to society, or it could be the worst thing to happen to society. I think human nature has decided which way they want to go with it. When it was used as a tool it was great. A fantastic source for spreading information and education. Now it is being turned into a weapon. It has done more harm than good, with social media. turning brother against brother and truth against un-truth, country against country. I have a bleak outlook at what this world will look like in ten years.

It is funny to me, regardless of what you think about Ed Piskor, it is funny, seeing how moral people have become about a seventeen-year-old. Mick Jagger hooked up with a 17-year-old Chrissie Shrimpton, 17-year-old Marianne Faithfull, and even hooked up with 14-year-old Lori Maddox. (I feel I shouldn't have to say this but knowing how people are these days, I probably should.  Hooking up with a 14-year-old is disgusting.) That didn't seem to stop him and his group from having a hit record this year. Maybe he didn't have to "groom" them. I guess that made it ok. Maybe I missed the outcry from social media when his new album was released. Regardless, I just felt I needed to say what I had to say. Feel free to complain about my view if you like. That's what the internet is for these days.

I'm pretty darn concerned, but maybe not all that shocked, that some of you seem to think it's okay for a 40 year-old man to talk to a 17 year-old girl. 

On 4/2/2024 at 9:25 AM, sfcityduck said:

He's responsible for his own actions.

Edited by newshane

On 4/3/2024 at 12:45 AM, sfcityduck said:

Ed also had choices. 

The guy killed himself and you people are still trying to vilify him, as if it's any of your business in the first place. Carry on. Pathetic. GOD BLESS ...

On 4/3/2024 at 3:34 PM, newshane said:

I'm pretty darn concerned, but maybe not all that shocked, that some of you seem to think it's okay for a 40 year-old man to talk to a 17 year-old girl. 

She is what 22 years old now? She doesn't need you to fight for her, and the other guy is deceased. There is no point in fighting for him now. Wouldn't it be wise to wait until we get all the details from both sides before forming an opinion? To answer your question though, it is OK for a 40 year old man to talk with a 17 year old.

On 4/3/2024 at 6:17 PM, mysterymachine said:

She is what 22 years old now? She doesn't need you to fight for her, and the other guy is deceased. There is no point in fighting for him now. Wouldn't it be wise to wait until we get all the details from both sides before forming an opinion? To answer your question though, it is OK for a 40 year old man to talk with a 17 year old.

I'm not fighting for anyone. 

My opinion that a 40 year-old man should refrain from talking about oral sex with a 17 year-old will never change. 

On 4/3/2024 at 6:17 PM, jimjum12 said:

The guy killed himself and you people are still trying to vilify him, as if it's any of your business in the first place. Carry on. Pathetic. GOD BLESS ...

Jim, if you're talking to me, know that I'm not trying to vilify the guy. The truth is that we don't have enough information to make a call one way or another. 

But Ed, like all of us, is ultimately responsible for the choices he made. 

As other people have stated, this entire story is full of people making horrible choices. 

Ed made a choice to take his own life. That's the sad truth. 

On 4/3/2024 at 7:23 PM, newshane said:

Jim, if you're talking to me, know that I'm not trying to vilify the guy. The truth is that we don't have enough information to make a call one way or another. 

But Ed, like all of us, is ultimately responsible for the choices he made. 

As other people have stated, this entire story is full of people making horrible choices. 

Ed made a choice to take his own life. That's the sad truth. 

I only entered this discussion when people started to insinuate that Ed somehow deserved his suicidal end because he flirted with a 17 year old. That disgusted me and always will. Some people suck and I count my blessings that I don't have to interact with their insensitive pompousness on a regular basis. I'm no proponent of sexual crimes. All three of my sisters were raped at least one time. I came very close to going to prison myself over one of them. But they actually did get raped. There's a HUGE difference, yet Ed was treated as if he had, when he was basically just improper. 40 yr olds were marrying 17 year olds when I was young. Who's to say Ed may not have actually thought he'd found a kindred spirit? For the record, I'm a cougar guy, I like hot older women who have money .. but then, who doesn't? Agree to disagree. :foryou: GOD BLESS ...

Edited by jimjum12

On 4/4/2024 at 5:25 AM, mysterymachine said:

Mick Jagger hooked up with a 17-year-old Chrissie Shrimpton, 17-year-old Marianne Faithfull, and even hooked up with 14-year-old Lori Maddox. (I feel I shouldn't have to say this but knowing how people are these days, I probably should.  Hooking up with a 14-year-old is disgusting.) That didn't seem to stop him and his group from having a hit record this year. Maybe he didn't have to "groom" them. I guess that made it ok. Maybe I missed the outcry from social media when his new album was released. Regardless, I just felt I needed to say what I had to say. Feel free to complain about my view if you like. That's what the internet is for these days.

Lori Maddox alone could've canceled about 15% of the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame.