• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ed Piskor Has Passed
5 5

307 posts in this topic

Not an April Fool's joke. You'll have to Google for context as the details are not appropriate for this Board but, should anyone here be friends with Ed or know him, things look a bit dire right now. Sorry for being vague and alarmist but...it ain't great.

Edit: Ed has passed. Title of thread updated.

Edited by Ryan.

Ugh, what a terrible ending to an already miserable story. Sad for every single person involved in any way.

Edit to add: hopefully it HASN'T ended. He hasn't been found, so hopefully that means he's not "gone". Hopefully someone was able to get to him before he did anything permanent. No matter what actions lead to this point, no one wants anyone to die. How messed up. Holding some hope he may still be out there.

Edited by F For Fake

Oh no. I saw the suicide note posted some hours ago, I hoped someone who knew him had intervened. Yes he deserved being called out, but not a death sentence. I hope he's found alive and well. My thoughts are with his family and friends during this difficult time, and I hope he's found alive and well. 

On 4/1/2024 at 4:17 PM, Doctor Dositheus said:

He has passed :cry:. My deepest condolences to his family and friends.

I have updated the title of this thread. My thoughts on this whole series of events are varied and complex but, ultimately, this entire situation is incredibly depressing.

Damn. My condolences to his family and friends during this difficult time, and to his accusers, who must feel like hell, knowing the outcome of them coming forward. I hope they don't blame themselves. 

Edited by Cat

I think he made a massive series of poor choices, and being a groomer / creep utilizing his position to solicit sexual favours from younger women needs to be called out, but I do not wish this on anyone and always hope those in such situations can get help.

On 4/1/2024 at 5:45 PM, Sauce Dog said:

...being a groomer / creep utilizing his position to solicit sexual favours from younger women needs to be called out.

You don't think this deserves the harshest punishment? It just needs to be "called out?"

On 4/1/2024 at 6:13 PM, Chip Cataldo said:

You don't think this deserves the harshest punishment? It just needs to be "called out?"

First and foremost I want to make this perfectly clear, I am not in any way excusing or condoning the actions he was accused of, but honest question -
What would you consider the harshest punishment a person should receive for something that isn't considered a crime?

On 4/1/2024 at 6:13 PM, Chip Cataldo said:

I never implied that, but unless the actions are found to be criminal and charges made, all we can do is call out horrible actions and those who perpetuate them.

On 4/1/2024 at 7:59 PM, october said:

Did you read up on what he did? He was somewhat creepy and suggestive to a 17 year old. He could have slept with her and it wouldn't be a crime in 39 out of 50 states. 

I did not see the age. When I saw "underage" posted I thought of my 11-year-old daughter. If someone had tried to "solicit sexual favors" from her then I'd be in jail for murder.