• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ed Piskor Has Passed
5 5

307 posts in this topic

On 4/2/2024 at 2:13 PM, BrashL said:

The thing that kills me the most is this is a comic book collector forum populated by a bunch of middle age nerds. If anyone here thinks they haven't given off creepy vibes to a woman they were trying to flirt with....lol...carry on I guess

LOL This is the best PSA on this thread

On 4/2/2024 at 8:12 PM, Mike's Rack said:

Ed Piskor was an imperfect person.  He also brought incomparable meaning and joy to the lives of many people, myself included.  I am also an imperfect person, I hope I can bring others a fraction of the meaning and joy that Ed did.

+1

“The evil that men do lives after them; the good is oft interred with their bones.” -Marc Antony in Shakespeare's Julius Caesar.

-bc

Oh hey, I don’t know who the moderator is on this forum, but if I had JUST ONE suggestion to make after all this, it would be to try to curb further hearsay and recriminations of anyone involved in this tragedy and keep the discourse about our feelings rather than accusing people of things that we will never have enough information to even reasonably guess about.

I haven’t read nearly all of this thread, but I have seen enough speculating about and calling out of people’s motivations in accusing Ed to make me think “isn’t this the exact same ignorant, unfair pressure Ed was talking about in his letter?”

That’s one benefit of a moderated forum.

• Administrator
On 4/2/2024 at 9:37 PM, Corvonie said:

Oh hey, I don’t know who the moderator is on this forum, but if I had JUST ONE suggestion to make after all this, it would be to try to curb further hearsay and recriminations of anyone involved in this tragedy and keep the discourse about our feelings rather than accusing people of things that we will never have enough information to even reasonably guess about.

That would be me.  There is no way that I am going to try to decide which posts are hearsay or not.  

• Administrator

I will make sure it stays civil, though.  Keep name calling and politics to home and we should be fine.

On 4/2/2024 at 9:47 PM, CGC Mike said:

That would be me.  There is no way that I am going to try to decide which posts are hearsay or not.  

Totally understandable, thank you! And really, more of a comment for the people participating in the thread then you.

I didn’t expect to get an actual reply, so apologies if I disturbed you.

• Administrator
On 4/2/2024 at 9:52 PM, Corvonie said:

Totally understandable, thank you! And really, more of a comment for the people participating in the thread then you.

I didn’t expect to get an actual reply, so apologies if I disturbed you.

No worries.  If you hear a loud roar and the forum starts to shake, you will know that I have been disturbed.

On 4/2/2024 at 9:50 PM, CGC Mike said:

I will make sure it stays civil, though.  Keep name calling and politics to home and we should be fine.

Yes, this is basically it.  I would say to people here:

if you feel badly about what happened to Ed and your reaction to that is to point the same pressure and unfounded accusations at someone else personally involved in this, maybe do that math in your head one more time.

On 4/2/2024 at 9:54 PM, CGC Mike said:

No worries.  If you hear a loud roar and the forum starts to shake, you will know that I have been disturbed.

“This is the way the world ends, not with a bang, but a whimper.”  - T. S. Eliot

On 4/2/2024 at 10:15 PM, sfcityduck said:

As I understand it, the allegation is grooming. And grooming is not sexual assault. The grooming I believe we are discussing here is when an older perpetrator takes advantage of a young person, typically ages 13-17, to induce them to have some sort of sexual relations in a state where such relationships are legal. Put differently, if a young woman can consent in State A at age 17, but lives in State B where she can't, an older person's successful attempt to induce that young woman to travel to State A can be a crime arising from what is known as "grooming."

What is the minimum for what would be considered 'grooming'. If those are the only texts relating to the allegation over a one year time frame, I would think that wouldn't qualify.

On 4/2/2024 at 10:22 PM, sfcityduck said:

Of course, I agree with your second statement. But, I don't know anyone who truly understands the history of our criminal justice system as it relates to rape and the relevant statistics who would agree with the first. The system, meaning police, prosecutors, and courts, has traditionally and to large extent still do a disservice to victims. Which does not make every accusation true. For all crimes, there are improper accusations and defense verdicts. 

Without a doubt.

And as much as I question what happened in this instance with Piskor and his accusers, I certainly think it's females BY FAR who've gotten the short end of the stick through the legal system, and even the process leading up to the legal system by family, friends and even so called professionals. 

On 4/2/2024 at 10:00 PM, Prince Namor said:

What is the minimum for what would be considered 'grooming'. If those are the only texts relating to the allegation over a one year time frame, I would think that wouldn't qualify.

Neither you nor I know the full facts and I feel no need to speculate. It's a tough issue.

Edited by sfcityduck