• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ed Piskor Has Passed
5 5

307 posts in this topic

A few things that in my mind must be stated first. 

1. What Ed did was wrong, he should not have responded to or continue to respond to Molly in a sexual fashion, or in any fashion. Furthermore, his solution was tragic and unnecessary. It was ultimately his choice, but does not come across as a choice of someone that was mentally stable even before this transpired. 

2. Molly was wronged, no question. I do have just a few questions concerning her. Was it just youthful naivete that prompted the initial text, how aware was she about what she was doing? What are her motivations for coming forward now?  Has she embellished or exaggerated her side of the story at all? These are not accusations or meant to shame her, but needed for clarification and context to the events.  

3. Ed, despite being wrong, was also a victim here.  

In some respects, it is this last part that bothers me the most.  We live in a culture where the standard has ALWAYS been innocent till proven guilt.  We are in theory a forgiving society, that is in search of truth not destruction and the mob mentality. We are a society that hopefully believes in right and wrong, and when needed will punish wrong, but always leaves room for redemption. Unfortunately, in this media obsessed, narcissistic world, we have a vocal minority that has appointed themselves as the ultimate arbitrators of  truth, and self appointed judge, jury, and executers of that truth. They act without full understanding of the situation, jump to conclusions, and with perceived moral righteousness never questioning if what they are doing is appropriate. Their intention is to destroy people at every possible level, and destroy not only people's present but also their prospects for the future. Rarely is it possible for the individual attacked to be redeemed, but still they insist the individual goes through a series of trials and apologies, to try and atone for their sins. Even if this mob is ultimately proven wrong, they never apologize themselves, never change, and they never look back. They have gone on to look for the next thing, because even if they were wrong, to them it was for the greater good. So while I can assign plenty of blame to Ed, these people that were waiting to, and seemly gleefully in destroying him are awful and guilty on every level. 

Edited by drotto

People here still think Justin Roiland was wrong, even when found innocent in a court of law

This is where we are as a society 

Internet has firewalled repercussions for mob mentality 

On 4/5/2024 at 1:07 PM, Poutine said:

People here still think Justin Roiland was wrong, even when found innocent in a court of law

Yes, but also no. Courts do not determine innocence, it is of course assumed the default state, but rather courts determine guilt. His cases were dropped because of insufficient evidence to prove the case beyond a reasonable doubt (Not making a value judgement on him either way, though with him the adage 'if there is smoke, there is fire' comes into my mind, but prosecution will not just take a risk if it isn't close to being a sure thing)

Edited by Sauce Dog

On 4/5/2024 at 12:59 PM, Sauce Dog said:

Yes, but also no. Courts do not determine innocence, it is of course assumed the default state, but rather courts determine guilt. His cases were dropped because of insufficient evidence to prove the case beyond a reasonable doubt (Not making a value judgement on him either way, though with him the adage 'if there is smoke, there is fire' comes into my mind, but prosecution will not just take a risk if it isn't close to being a sure thing)

So he's still guilty, right?

"I'm not passing judgement, but I'm passing judgement"

Fact is nobody outside knows the facts, but because its him, he's guilty. Why? Because he isn't one of us

Edited by Poutine

On 4/5/2024 at 4:53 PM, Poutine said:

So he's still guilty, right?

"I'm not passing judgement, but I'm passing judgement"

Fact is nobody outside knows the facts, but because its him, he's guilty. Why? Because he isn't one of us

He had many allegations against him (domestic violence, abuse), and even after all those were dismissed due to lack of evidence (once again, not zero evidence, just not enough to be beyond a reasonable doubt)...he had even MORE new allegations come up last year. 

Sure, he isn't technically guilty by a court of law, but he sure doesn't seem to me like someone who is squeaky clean innocent (Hence me saying I get the feeling of 'where there is smoke, there is fire' with him)

Edited by Sauce Dog

On 4/5/2024 at 3:06 PM, Sauce Dog said:

He had many allegations against him (domestic violence, abuse), and even after all those were dismissed due to lack of evidence (once again, not enough to reach beyond a reasonable doubt)...he had even MORE new allegations come up last year. 

Sure, he isn't technically guilty by a court of law, but he sure doesn't seem to me like someone who is squeaky clean innocent (Hence me saying I get the feeling of 'where there is smoke, there is fire' with him)

Yeah but you are still passing judgement.

Anyways, point proven

On 4/5/2024 at 5:12 PM, Poutine said:

Yeah but you are still passing judgement.

Anyways, point proven

What point? You said "People here still think Justin Roiland was wrong, even when found innocent in a court of law"

He wasn't proved innocent, and it is more than reasonable for common people, not the courts, to have the opinion he is still 'wrong' based on continued allegations...over and over again. 

Edited by Sauce Dog

On 4/5/2024 at 3:15 PM, Sauce Dog said:

What point? You said "People here still think Justin Roiland was wrong, even when found innocent in a court of law"

He wasn't proved innocent, and it is more than reasonable for common people, not the courts, to have the opinion he is still 'wrong' based on continued allegations...over and over again. 

Allegations 

Anyways, done with it

On 4/5/2024 at 5:21 PM, Poutine said:

Allegations 

Anyways, done with it

Would you let your (hypothetical) daughter hang out with someone with as many allegations as him, or do you think it would be unfair of you to make such a judgement call and hold such an opinion? (:

On 4/5/2024 at 3:06 PM, Sauce Dog said:

He had many allegations against him (domestic violence, abuse), and even after all those were dismissed due to lack of evidence (once again, not zero evidence, just not enough to be beyond a reasonable doubt)...he had even MORE new allegations come up last year. 

Where there's smoke there's fire is pretty apt.  Just too many accusations to ignore.  He may not have been convicted in a court of law but I'm pretty sure he has a problem.

Why are there fourteen pages litigating what Ed Piskor may or may not have done or whether or not what he may or may not have done was illegal, simply immoral, just a little creepy, none of the above or all in the basket?  

RIP Ed.  the whole situation stinks and I feel terribly for his family and friends.

On 4/5/2024 at 6:36 PM, speedcake said:

Why are there fourteen pages litigating what Ed Piskor may or may not have done or whether or not what he may or may not have done was illegal, simply immoral, just a little creepy, none of the above or all in the basket?  

It's the Internet and People Have Opinions.

On 4/5/2024 at 11:59 AM, Sauce Dog said:

Courts do not determine innocence, it is of course assumed the default state, but rather courts determine guilt.

So it is not innocent until proven guilty, it is guilty without evidence until proven guilty. Got it.

I see that someone is confused. I don't disagree, I'm just saying that society sure has a different view of things these days.

Edited by mysterymachine

On 4/5/2024 at 5:50 PM, mysterymachine said:

So it is not innocent until proven guilty, it is guilty without evidence until proven guilty. Got it.

???

Where did you get that from? That's not even close to what he wrote.

On 4/5/2024 at 7:18 PM, speedcake said:

the great fault and travesty of the internet is that it has lead the multitudes to believe their every opinion is interesting.

And also fact...