• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help! CGC gave the wrong item description on a comic I sent them. How do they correct this?
2 2

11 posts in this topic

The correct description is Transformers #1 from 1984, that was signed by Peter Cullen. I have no idea how they confused it with Amazing Spiderman #361 🤦🏻

does anyone know how I can get a hold of CGC for this correction?

IMG_3144.jpeg

• Administrator

Hi

Sorry this has happened to you.  This can be sent back by selecting the mechanical error option on the online submission form.  Select label defect.  After completing the form, a prepaid shipping label will be sent to you.  Package the book, include the packing slip, and send it to us.  We will fix it and send it back to you free of charge.

On 4/4/2024 at 12:39 PM, masonbaseball99 said:

The correct description is Transformers #1 from 1984, that was signed by Peter Cullen. I have no idea how they confused it with Amazing Spiderman #361 🤦🏻

does anyone know how I can get a hold of CGC for this correction?

IMG_3144.jpeg

If you are not familiar with CGC submissions or where to find the Mechanical error selection it will be under:

Submit (on the home page)

1. >>Submission Forms (drop down menu)
  2. >>Online Form (like submitting a comic for grading)
  3. >>Start New Order
  4. >>Comic
  5. >>Regular Submission Grading (even if you have SS books)
  6. >>Mechanical Error/Return

Then complete the form with the Certification Number of the comic being returned. As noted above a prepaid packaging label will be printed but you have to provide all packaging materials and labor. CGC will ONLY correct their mistakes if this is done within the first 10 business days (IIRC) after which you will be charged! They will not compensate you for their mistake nor for the book being out of your possession; I would highly recommend maxing out any "estimated insurance" on the form.

May the odds be in your favor; good luck.

• Administrator
On 4/5/2024 at 12:41 AM, DougC said:

CGC will ONLY correct their mistakes if this is done within the first 10 business days (IIRC) after which you will be charged!

There are two types of Mechanical Errors:

• Holder defects, which may be returned by the original submitter within 14 days of the submitter’s receipt of the collectible.

Note: If you are submitting through an CGC Official Submission Center or Authorized Dealer, please contact them to make a return, or contact CGC Customer Service directly.

• Label defects, which may be returned by anyone at any time.

On 4/4/2024 at 1:48 PM, CGC Mike said:

Hi

Sorry this has happened to you.  This can be sent back by selecting the mechanical error option on the online submission form.  Select label defect.  After completing the form, a prepaid shipping label will be sent to you.  Package the book, include the packing slip, and send it to us.  We will fix it and send it back to you free of charge.

Hey Mike, thank you for reaching out. I was able to find a customer service phone number for CGC (though it wasnt easy to locate) and spoke to an understanding representative who acknowledged this was totally an error on CGC's end and walked me through filling out a  mechanical error return slip, while assuring me that I would not be charged for correcting the error or the shipping cost. However today I just received an email that CGC charged my credit card. What is going on with this company 🤦🏻. This is my first time submitting comics and it's been a headache since day one.

IMG_3400.jpeg

• Administrator

Hi @masonbaseball99  There should be no charge for a mechanical error label defect.  Here is all of our contact info.  (including text) I recommend contacting customer service regarding this.

Hours (Weekdays):
8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. EST

Call or text (+1) 855-GRADE10 (855-472-3310)
Message and data rates may apply for text messages.
Service@CGCcomics.com