• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Why the mind cannot accept the defects on modern as for the older?
3 3

12 posts in this topic

Men... i tought to have removed my f*cking ocd but i was wrong, something i realize now is that im really more concerned by defect on moderns comparated to older books...  

God... nobody have tips to save me, its really painfull, everytime i see some defect i want to get a new copy of the book... :facepalm: 

Maybe we re expecting to much on modern, yeah its easy to get a book who look like mint, but i mean, it s not a reason to need it...  

I wish so much to could be easier on these things...

On 4/14/2024 at 4:19 PM, BA773 said:

Men... i tought to have removed my f*cking ocd but i was wrong, something i realize now is that im really more concerned by defect on moderns comparated to older books...  

God... nobody have tips to save me, its really painfull, everytime i see some defect i want to get a new copy of the book... :facepalm: 

Maybe we re expecting to much on modern, yeah its easy to get a book who look like mint, but i mean, it s not a reason to need it...  

I wish so much to could be easier on these things...

Old or modern, it always irritates me. I feel your pain too.

I think when you run out of space to buy any more comics, you realize that you don't need that fifth CGC 9.8 of Star Wars Dark Empire #1.

On 4/14/2024 at 7:10 PM, Hepcat said:

What I find unacceptable is that grading companies are easier on defects displayed by Golden Age comics than on the same defect displayed by a modern comic. That easing of standards plays right into every shyster's tired mantra of "Well it's mint for its age!" You know, just like any used car salesman. 

But mint is mint. That standard doesn't vary with age.

:preach:

Mint is simply a flavor of chewing gum. Period…

Ok, time for a little test...

Can any of these minds accept this modern book of Frank Miller's vision? Do one see any defects?:popcorn:

WolverineMiller.thumb.jpg.1ec0a8f7b48443f96a7e1c84890c2b6c.jpg

On 4/15/2024 at 4:37 AM, ganni said:

Ok, time for a little test...

Can any of these minds accept this modern book of Frank Miller's vision? Do one see any defects?:popcorn:

WolverineMiller.thumb.jpg.1ec0a8f7b48443f96a7e1c84890c2b6c.jpg

To me it looks like his art has evolved into very bad, late period Jack Kirby, when The King had significant health issues. 

On 4/15/2024 at 3:10 AM, Hepcat said:

What I find unacceptable is that grading companies are easier on defects displayed by Golden Age comics than on the same defect displayed by a modern comic. That easing of standards plays right into every shyster's tired mantra of "Well it's mint for its age!" You know, just like any used car salesman. 

But mint is mint. That standard doesn't vary with age.

:preach:

I agree. It should be absolute.