• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Amazing Spider-Man 252
1 1

5 posts in this topic

Slightly blunted corners, slight edge wear with slight color loss along top edge, small bindery tear at top, a few color breaking spine ticks.

IMO...

9.0 VERY FINE/NEAR MINT (VF/NM):  Back to Top
Nearly perfect with outstanding eye appeal. A limited number of bindery/printing defects are allowed. Cover is almost flat with almost imperceptible wear. Inks are bright with slightly diminished reflectivity. An 1/8" bend is allowed if color is not broken. Corners are cut square and sharp with ever-so-slight blunting permitted but no creases. Several lightly penciled, stamped or inked arrival dates are acceptable. Very minor foxing. Spine is tight and flat. Staples may show some discoloration. Only the slightest staple tears are allowed. A very minor accumulation of stress lines may be present if they are nearly imperceptible. Paper is off-white to cream and supple. Very minor interior tears may be present.

On 4/18/2024 at 11:05 AM, marvelmaniac said:

Slightly blunted corners, slight edge wear with slight color loss along top edge, small bindery tear at top, a few color breaking spine ticks.

IMO...

Yeah, kind of what I was calculating, but I'm not the greatest at it yet so thanks for the second opinion. It looks very nice but unfortunately has a lot of very small imperfections that add up, and not stuff a press or clean and help with. I might submit it anyway, because it's iconic and getting two iconic sigs on it would just be a cool addition to the collection.

9.2 IMHO soft corners and a number of spine tics would prevent this copy from grading any higher. I don't believe a clean and press would improve on this grade either.

Thanks for sharing!