• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Notable eBay OA results
1 1

12 posts in this topic

There was a time when eBay was the place to go to buy and sell original comic art. Things have changed of course, but from time to time a surprising listing on eBay pulls our eyes away from HA and the lot. I'll start here with this just closed result. This thread could be a neat place to post gems you think slipped past the major auctions and wound up here.

The seller bought this from Chris 31 years ago. I can't help but wonder if he was pleasantly shocked by the final result. It's a wonderful page of art and content, from a great story.

if you guys come across other results from eBay that standout please share.

IMG_6219.jpeg.6b65b4306b08e3563cb9809c18276be8.jpegIMG_6220.thumb.png.b245113c407264a107335fe2ead1d388.png

Considering this was over $10k+ with hours to go and 160+ watchers, I’m sort of surprised it didn’t go higher. I know Heritage has only sold one page from this arc and went for $8.8k last year, probably a good deal with Death on it, but not as good of a page. These pages trade privately for much more, I heard estimates this would hit 20k+, maybe more to the right 2 people…

More importantly this is a very significant page to the story, a turning point of sorts where Death realizes she’s reached Sexton and is heading to Central Park for her own Death. The content with Sexton asking Didi about Death and where you go is also great, as well as the Death images throughout the page. The way things are going with Sandman related pages, this is what I consider a one and done page by the definitive Death artist and story arc. Congrats to the seller and the buyer. 

Flash vol 2, 223 Porter and Livesay from Johns's Rogues War. Bought four of the others from that arc and as much as I love 221, this is one I really coveted. Never thought it would turn up, or turn up when was looking, or not be a complete gouge,  ......but last November on ebay, I found it with two days to go in auction and got t for around $1,850.00. Zoom covers are very rare. If it had been on CAF I would have happily gone to $3k maybe more. One of my grail pages, very few left, that are not "very expensive" , as they are on many DC collectors lists.   So yeah this stuff still lands at auction, .. rarely but it does still land.

FLASH 223.jpg

Edited by Terry E. Gibbs