• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ai Infects the Comic Art World

6 posts in this topic

With Ai now clearly responsible for watering down the Art world, specifically with Batman and Wonder Woman, Shazam and I believe PowerGirl, what's next?

One of the most confounding results is that Ai generated art can not be copyrighted.©

SO take those images, make yourself a bunch of prints and selling them on eBay will apparently be allowed. Values of these books, or I should say, any comic book created by Ai should be de-valued and or destroyed. Just my opinion. And how can we be certain that the art is Ai generated? Well, from Ai. Apparently knows it's work.

Thoughts?

(all just mho)

It's an interesting quandary. I wonder what happens to AI art that contains copyrighted characters like Spider-Man, Super Man, etc.

I guess it's something like using bytes from songs and not having to pay original owners anything.

From what I've seen, at this point it's very time consuming to generate images, I have to wait minutes to generate one or two (mostly garbage) images. So there is the work of sifting and filtering content to arrive at a good product.

I assume it was mass-media that in the past year started referring to all of this as AI.  I'm not a techie, so correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression true AI still is in development and doesn't yet exist, i.e. a continually evolving program that learns and becomes in some form self-aware.  Everything most people talk about are just advances in specific programs and CGI.  But it sounds scarier and more ominous if the media refers to it as AI.

The advancements and insertion of AI will be like everything else going on in the world: an extremely small vocal minority will rail against it, while everyone else could care less. When people as significant as Jim Lee find no problems with AI being used in media, you'll quickly find yourself surrounded by silence and eye rolls when complaining about the erosion of the human creative spirit.

I, for one, welcome our new AI shiny boobed overlords.

Edited by Dr. Balls