• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Registry Bugs - UPDATE 5/2
9 9

58 posts in this topic

On 4/30/2024 at 2:31 PM, StephenWA said:

I cannot amend or add to the "Set Description" texts for my current sets.

I have read through the thread, and cannot see any else mention the same issue...

I have that same problem!

Posted (edited)
On 3/25/2024 at 7:45 AM, jstam said:

All -

I've been made aware of several bugs and wanted to let everyone know that the following have been reported. We're unsure if these bugs are affecting everyone or if they're isolated to a specific block of users. 

- Unable to add books to Custom sets that are not already in a Competitive set (inventory)

- Unable to edit/add Set Names/Descriptions in Competitive sets

- Unable to create new Competitive sets (message given contains "must give people ID")

- Failed adds deleting images from Custom sets. In this bug, the scenario is that a person adds a book to their Custom set and includes pictures. They then attempt to add the same book to a Competitive set, and it generates a failed add for whatever reason. Once the failed add is resolved in the Competitive set, the pictures disappear from the Custom set. This does not seem to happen without the failed add taking place.

- Point values not generating, showing a score of 0 or 1

Please know that that we will work to get these fixed as quickly as possible. I have no estimate for the resolution, but will update this thread when I do, and when they are fixed.

***UPDATE*** I am told that we should have resolution to the "Unable to add books to Custom Sets that are not already in Competitive set (inventory)" by next week. The rest should be resolved by 4/30. These are not guarantees. This is the information that I've been given and I'm passing it over to you.

***UPDATE 4/24*** I have tested over several accounts this morning and it appears that the Custom Sets bug has been resolved. You should be able to add books to Custom sets that are not in your inventory. The other bugs are still outstanding.

***UPDATE 4/30*** We should have resolution to the bugs hindering new Competitive set creation and set changes by end of day 5/1. This is not guaranteed but it looks likely. 

Would it be possible to receive a notice when the bug is fixed that is keeping me from renaming a new registry set from UNNAMED SET - 123456? :wishluck:

I have been able to do everything except rename my new set. 

:news:

Looks like you guys must've fixed it already, it finally took and is now renamed.  Nice work fellas! :banana::golfclap:

Edited by Forbush-Man

On 3/25/2024 at 9:45 AM, jstam said:

***UPDATE*** I am told that we should have resolution to the "Unable to add books to Custom Sets that are not already in Competitive set (inventory)" by next week. The rest should be resolved by 4/30. These are not guarantees. This is the information that I've been given and I'm passing it over to you.

***UPDATE 4/24*** I have tested over several accounts this morning and it appears that the Custom Sets bug has been resolved. You should be able to add books to Custom sets that are not in your inventory. The other bugs are still outstanding.

***UPDATE 4/30*** We should have resolution to the bugs hindering new Competitive set creation and set changes by end of day 5/1. This is not guaranteed but it looks likely. 

***UPDATE 5/2*** The outstanding bugs have been addressed and everyone should be able to create new Competitive sets, make changes to sets, and add pictures. 

Glad to see everything is working again. But most of all, thank you @jstam for offering exceptional community engagement, providing updates as they were available.

Amen! I was able to make adjustments to the registry as well :x

@jstam will there soon be announcements of when the deadlines are? It is usually in June, but a finished date with award categories and prize list I hope happens! I'm sure it will or usually there is an announcement of when and how etc :) 

• Administrator

@Qalyar Happy I could help. :) 

@ADAMANTIUM The announcements for the Awards will absolutely be happening. There will be a teaser of the Awards prize package in the upcoming Collectorverse newsletter and I will post a thread for the Awards as well on the Registry forum. There is also still time to enter to win the prize for the Collectorverse Fun & Games section. That cutoff date is May 31st. 

Posted (edited)
On 5/3/2024 at 10:30 AM, jstam said:

@ADAMANTIUM The announcements for the Awards will absolutely be happening. There will be a teaser of the Awards prize package in the upcoming Collectorverse newsletter and I will post a thread for the Awards as well on the Registry forum. There is also still time to enter to win the prize for the Collectorverse Fun & Games section. That cutoff date is May 31st. 

Speaking of which

https://www.cgccomics.com/news/article/12857/fcbd-free-comic-book-day/

Thanks for the shout out in the news letter for fcbd!!

Nice to see it all in print!

I thought it might have been a social media post as well but I didn't see it!

Got to collect them all! 😂 😆 :cheers:

Screenshot_20240503-103250.png

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 5/3/2024 at 10:30 AM, jstam said:

Just an FYI ???
I double checked I was signed up for the newsletter, but other options have been selected a long time now, and I still don't ever receive emails from the comics nor cards news....and offers

I had pm'd about it, or tried to resave the settings several times to no avail, so idk. :cheers:

image.thumb.png.e94e4443c4c7a8669867ad3c974ad52b.png

I don’t see a thread about Registry issues so I’ll post this here (move to wherever appropriate if I’m in error). A user named JohnDubb added a bunch of comics to his Bone (Cartoon Books) set and it looks like he tried to get his Cartoon Books #24 into the issue 24 slot. Well, the Cartoon Books #24 is a second print and everyone who had the first print #24 from Image Comics had theirs removed from their sets when the change was made. The Cartoon Books #24 should only be added to the Bone (Cartoon/Image) All Variants set and the Image #24 should be in the first print Bone (Cartoon Books) set.

Please correct when you get a chance and thanks!

On 5/3/2024 at 5:54 PM, DocGo said:

I don’t see a thread about Registry issues so I’ll post this here (move to wherever appropriate if I’m in error). A user named JohnDubb added a bunch of comics to his Bone (Cartoon Books) set and it looks like he tried to get his Cartoon Books #24 into the issue 24 slot. Well, the Cartoon Books #24 is a second print and everyone who had the first print #24 from Image Comics had theirs removed from their sets when the change was made. The Cartoon Books #24 should only be added to the Bone (Cartoon/Image) All Variants set and the Image #24 should be in the first print Bone (Cartoon Books) set.

Please correct when you get a chance and thanks!

Sorry, I meant #26. It was #24 the last time this happened :facepalm:

• Administrator

@DocGo Hi there - not sure what exactly happened there but that book has been returned to the set. It's also been marked Legacy. No further additions will be made to it. 

On 5/6/2024 at 8:57 AM, jstam said:

@DocGo Hi there - not sure what exactly happened there but that book has been returned to the set. It's also been marked Legacy. No further additions will be made to it. 

Thank you sir! I’m sure the user put in a request to add his Cartoon Books #26 to the Cartoon Books set and it was accepted. It would seem like a logical thing to do by anyone who made that decision, except for the fact that Image Comics produced the first prints for #21-27.

Jeff Smith made it confusing and it will never stop being confusing decades later lol 

On 4/30/2024 at 10:31 PM, StephenWA said:

I cannot amend or add to the "Set Description" texts for my current sets.

I have read through the thread, and cannot see any else mention the same issue...

Seems OK gain now.

On 5/8/2024 at 10:51 PM, DocGo said:

How do you think the “authenticated” books will score on the registry? At the moment, it has Signature > Universal > Qualified > Restored.

I'm hoping for equal to Universal, but I rather imagine they'll make them either equal to Signature or between Universal and SS.

Frankly, I personally wish that SS books also scored the same as Universal books. I don't see the appeal of signed books and I'm sad that means I've lost first place in at least one set forever. But I understand that's likely a minority stake at this point, and also that CGC has a fiduciary interest in their Sig Series program (and now, in authentication) and so rewards those products with registry points. Or, at least, I sort of understand...

On 5/9/2024 at 5:42 PM, Qalyar said:

I'm hoping for equal to Universal, but I rather imagine they'll make them either equal to Signature or between Universal and SS.

Frankly, I personally wish that SS books also scored the same as Universal books. I don't see the appeal of signed books and I'm sad that means I've lost first place in at least one set forever. But I understand that's likely a minority stake at this point, and also that CGC has a fiduciary interest in their Sig Series program (and now, in authentication) and so rewards those products with registry points. Or, at least, I sort of understand...

I’ll guess that it goes between SS and Universal which will be a shame. I think equal to or even below Universal would make more sense, as you said, but CGC has to monetize this system. This is probably the primary reason SS is on top.