• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where did 20 years go?
1 1

35 posts in this topic

On 5/5/2024 at 7:34 PM, october said:

Congrats! Glad you like the GSXM.

I just checked and I'll have been on here for 20 years too, as of the 17th. Time flies. Doesn't feel like that long.

Agreed. 

On 5/5/2024 at 8:15 PM, Jayman said:

20 yrs for me too on April 15. Does that make me Golden Age or Platinum? :jawdrop:

I'm sticking with Bronze Age but I'd accept Silver Age as I was born in 1966. lol

On 5/5/2024 at 4:34 PM, october said:

Congrats! Glad you like the GSXM.

I just checked and I'll have been on here for 20 years too, as of the 17th. Time flies. Doesn't feel like that long.

:preach:

Certainly, this year, time feels like it’s accelerating. Can’t believe it’s May already.

Posted (edited)

I remember being 9 years old, walking home in freezing, biting cold with a British comic which reprinted Avengers 4, being blown away as a kid by the story reintroducing Captain America.  Very memorable, as additionally that morning there was still the stinging odour of burning wood embers everywhere and the recollection of the Bonfire Night fireworks, thinking how much of an unending, far-distant eternity I’d have to tolerate until I’d finally get to experience that spectacle again.

Now, it flashes by like nothing.

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 5/6/2024 at 12:00 AM, MattTheDuck said:

This is a question I ask myself all the time but related more broadly to just living.  It just speeds by.

Yeah, sometimes I feel like I’ve been in hobby for way too long. Where has the time gone? I remember when I first started out so vividly.

On 5/6/2024 at 8:26 AM, Terry JSA said:

I remember when I first started out so vividly.

Exactly. Which is the point of my post above.  Half a century ago now. Incredible.

On 5/6/2024 at 3:26 AM, Terry JSA said:

Yeah, sometimes I feel like I’ve been in hobby for way too long. Where has the time gone? I remember when I first started out so vividly.

Aren't you like 20?? You are just getting started in the Hobby! 

It's good to maintain perspective though and try to cherish the moment your in.  There is a saying I'm going to butcher - "The good news is, time keeps moving and bad times will pass.  The bad news is, time keeps moving and good times don't last forever." 

Posted (edited)
On 5/6/2024 at 1:46 PM, KCOComics said:

Aren't you like 20?? You are just getting started in the Hobby! 

Ties into my post.

Those schooldays seemed to last forever.

I often look back on the late 1970s to early 1980s using Mike’s Newsstand site at the comics I bought back then, and notice how temporally brief-and-compressed all the associated memories feel now, in my 60s.

Hard to believe, as at the time it felt like snail’s pace progression.

Edited by Ken Aldred