• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Please grade New mutants 98
2 2

6 posts in this topic

I'd say if it wasn't for the top and bottom of the spine( top having a bindary tare and the bottom blunted) I would say it would have a chance at a 9.8. But also I'm not sure what those spots are by the staples so I'm going to guess 9.4. If those spots are manufacturing defects possibly a 9.6. 

Last image makes it no higher than a 9.0 for me, breaking the border strip like that, and the rubs underneath.

Even though it's not visible from the front, it's technically not the back cover. The spine blunting is bad enough also where this is color loss 

not just edge loss. I can see 8.5 to 9.0 but I would be surprised if it hit 9.2 unless you got lucky

Take a stab at it for 9.6… CGC has seen this book a million times. Maybe they overlook the staple issues and gift you a higher grade than anticipated.