• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC x JSA Questions
6 6

73 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)
On 6/5/2024 at 2:24 PM, CHWL said:

"At this time, the CGC grading department has determined that if a sketch affects the grade, then it will prompt a Green Label in order to avoid a large downgrade. With how large these J. Scott Campbell sketches are on your books that you showed us; this would be the case.

So, basically the answer we were seeking about what is considered "negative impact" is...ANYTHING YOU'D CONSIDER A SKETCH.

The real question should have always been, "What "sketch" wouldn't prompt a green label?" Huge bummer, this. Don't know why there was so much pussyfooting on this answer originally.

Edited by smarkjobber

@MattM CS will books signed with things written underneath be okay for the CGC x JSA yellow label? I have these 2 examples. Signed by the actor with their characters name underneath 

Snapchat-1349460423.jpg

On 6/9/2024 at 4:58 AM, JayMak said:

@MattM CS will books signed with things written underneath be okay for the CGC x JSA yellow label? I have these 2 examples. Signed by the actor with their characters name underneath 

Snapchat-1349460423.jpg

I just got a couple finished with grading with the signers writing their character names underneath. So, seems to be fine.

CGC4430888-004_OBV.jpg

Edited by Vince1313

On 6/13/2024 at 12:03 PM, CGC Mike said:

I’m happy to let you know that we’re updating our policy on sketches next week. After evaluating submitter customer feedback, our experts decided that if an autographed comic has a sketch on it, JSA will determine if it can authenticate the autograph as well as the sketch. If JSA authenticates both the autograph and the sketch, the comic will receive the CGC x JSA Authentic Autograph label. If JSA determines that the autograph is authentic, but the sketch is not verifiable, the comic will still receive the CGC x JSA Authentic Autograph label, and the grade will be lowered to reflect the presence of an unverified sketch on the comic. Autographed comics with sketches on them will no longer receive the CGC Qualified green label.

Please contact Customer Service if you would like to send back a sketch submission that received the CGC Qualified green label.

Thanks @CGC Mike. Will books that are currently 9.8 CGC Green label that have sketches or remarks be eligible for CGC x JSA 9.8 pre-grade as well?

• Administrator
On 6/13/2024 at 3:42 PM, Ron C. said:

Thanks @CGC Mike. Will books that are currently 9.8 CGC Green label that have sketches or remarks be eligible for CGC x JSA 9.8 pre-grade as well?

Hi

I do not know the answer to this with 100% certainty.  I believe someone from customer service can assist you with this question, as this is their section.  I only came here to post our latest announcement.   @MattM CS

• Administrator
On 6/13/2024 at 3:42 PM, Ron C. said:

Hey @Ron C.,

There is some big news coming soon regarding JSA and Sketches. To not cause further confusion I will wait to answer this question until the formal announcement has been made coming soon. Thanks for your patience. 

Regards, 

• Administrator
On 6/13/2024 at 11:46 PM, CPeak said:

Is there any time frame when we will be able to submit Magazine Comics (TMNT #1) for CGC x JSA authentication?

There is not currently a timeframe for this. Rest assured this is coming. Once it is available we will make an announcement regarding this on our site. 

Regards,