• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Do NOT pay for FAST TRACK
1 1

23 posts in this topic

On May 18 CGC received 2 magazines I sent in for grading. I paid an extra $15 for each to "fast track" the process, which is supposed to be 10 days.

So much for that Idea. I called last Friday to see what the deal was with my submissions.

I was told even though I paid for fast track, that the turnaround time is NOT guaranteed.

Then why the hell do advertise it and accept peoples $$ if you can not and will not honor what people  are paying for. 

It's been 18 days and they are still in possession of my items. 

Personally, I think this is a  crock of pooh and a scam for extra $$

Please, let me hear Y'ALLS opinions please

Posted (edited)

#1 - the website clearly states that "turnaround times are estimates only and are NOT guaranteed." You should have known this before submitting your books. 

#2 - as slow as "fast track" may seem to you, keep in mind that it's still faster than the alternative. 

#3 - slow turnaround times are a bummer, but I'd rather the company take their time and do a good job. 

As for the following question: "Then why the hell do advertise it and accept peoples $$ if you can not and will not honor what people  are paying for." 

It's clear that you don't even know what you're paying for because you couldn't be bothered to read the disclaimer. 

So, you're impatient and trying to pass responsibility from yourself to someone else. Generation Z or a young millennial would be my guess...

Edited by newshane

Last year I submitted 2 orders at the same comicon. One I fast tracked bc I wanted the book back for another signing and one I did regularly. The came back to me 3 days apart. 

On 5/13/2024 at 12:06 PM, Gumball1975 said:

On May 18 CGC received 2 magazines I sent in for grading. I paid an extra $15 for each to "fast track" the process, which is supposed to be 10 days.

So much for that Idea. I called last Friday to see what the deal was with my submissions.

I was told even though I paid for fast track, that the turnaround time is NOT guaranteed.

Then why the hell do advertise it and accept peoples $$ if you can not and will not honor what people  are paying for. 

It's been 18 days and they are still in possession of my items. 

Personally, I think this is a  crock of pooh and a scam for extra $$

Please, let me hear Y'ALLS opinions please

<Checks calendar>

Are you from the future?

For reference, the estimated turnaround time begins from when the book is input in the system.  If the courier delivers a book but CGC has not entered it in the system, the estimated TAT does not begin counting at that time.  There were instances post pandemic where peoples books would go un-entered for months.  Also, weekends and business holidays do not count towards your TAT.  So while it might have been 18 days since your book was marked as "Delivered", how CGC counts it won't be the same.

On 5/13/2024 at 1:17 PM, ExNihilo said:

<Checks calendar>

Are you from the future?

seriously I don't even know what's happening.  

But I guess kids are just getting really entitled these days, wanting their CGC books back even before they are submitted in the future.

While it is fun to on new members who still trust CGC services, why not provide some explanation to help them?

As stated above Turn Around Time only starts when the books are received in the system by CGC, then said TAT is only measured in BUSINESS DAYS (Mon-Fri, minus Holidays or closures), IIRC TAT officially stops once your books is graded (you can see the grade). No shipping time is included.

There have been posts previously where members have called CS and had their Fast Track fee refunded due to extended wait times, though with CGC now that policy has likely been changed. If you believe your book is outside of the above described window, call back to CS, and have them explain it to you in terms both parties can understand.

On 5/13/2024 at 12:38 PM, newshane said:

So, you're impatient and trying to pass responsibility from yourself to someone else. Generation Z or a young millennial would be my guess...

You uhh may wanna check OP's username.

On 5/18/2024 at 1:06 PM, Gaard said:

My opinion...

It really isn't cool for CGC to say "Give us more money and it will only take x days" and if it takes longer they just shrug and say "Oh well". 

And yet people keep paying it. If anyone wonders why this company won't fix its issues, it's because of all the people who continue to give them money. The gravy train just keeps on chugging. :dollars::dollars::dollars::dollars::dollars:

Posted (edited)
On 5/13/2024 at 3:06 PM, Gumball1975 said:

Do NOT pay for FAST TRACK

Alright then. I won't.

(thumbsu

Edited by Hepcat

Posted (edited)
On 5/13/2024 at 3:38 PM, newshane said:

#1 - the website clearly states that "turnaround times are estimates only and are NOT guaranteed." You should have known this before submitting your books. 

#2 - as slow as "fast track" may seem to you, keep in mind that it's still faster than the alternative. 

#3 - slow turnaround times are a bummer, but I'd rather the company take their time and do a good job. 

As for the following question: "Then why the hell do advertise it and accept peoples $$ if you can not and will not honor what people  are paying for." 

It's clear that you don't even know what you're paying for because you couldn't be bothered to read the disclaimer. 

I would say I am fairly savvy when it comes to CGC and their TAT’s. I paid for vintage fast track on books that were entered into CGC’s system on 4/1 or 2.  I also had regular vintage submissions entered that same day. I received the regular submissions back a few days earlier then the fast tracked ones. I would have to ask the same question. Why? Why did I paid for a service to get books back in half the time when, in reality, it took longer than the regular tier of service. If you charge a hefty premium to say you will expedite books, it should go without saying that an expedited service is what you should receive. 

Edited by joeypost

On 5/18/2024 at 5:57 PM, joeypost said:

I received the regular submissions back a few days earlier then the fast tracked ones. I would have to ask the same question. Why?

That's certainly an important question...

but a totally different situation from the OP. 

On 5/18/2024 at 3:51 PM, Jeffro. said:

And yet people keep paying it. If anyone wonders why this company won't fix its issues, it's because of all the people who continue to give them money. The gravy train just keeps on chugging. :dollars::dollars::dollars::dollars::dollars:

My business with them will remain frozen until they solve the horrendous quality control problems apparent over the last few years. 

On 5/18/2024 at 7:12 PM, newshane said:

That's certainly an important question...

but a totally different situation from the OP. 

Different? Yes. 
Totally? I’ll agree to disagree. 

1. Why post TAT’s if they are never accurate. 
2. If you charge for a service, it’s probably good form to deliver on that service. The rub is when that finish line is constantly being moved based on more important customers or promised TAT’s on private signings.